• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Front blinker broken

Gunner

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,
Dropped the bike, 2013 NC700x. It's not broken off it's hanging by the rubber boot. What ever screw/bolt/thing that is in there snapped. I don't have a Honda dealer near. Can someone tell me what I broke, how I can order one online and advice on how to replace it?

Thanks,
Chuck

Hi all,
Dropped the bike, 2013 NC700x. It's not broken off it's hanging by the rubber boot. What ever screw/bolt/thing that is in there snapped. I don't have a Honda dealer near. Can someone tell me what I broke, how I can order one online and advice on how to replace it?

Thanks,
Chuck
Chuck usually there is a sacrificial plastic or rubber part that breaks. Usually pretty inexpensive to replace. Needs pics

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Here is pictures of the Honda manual.
If you need close ups of it let me know. I was trying to get the diagram and the instructions all in one. Sorry for the sideways pics. You will have to rotate them or turn off your autorotate on your device if not on a computer.
dc2acaac432c9c96733ce32dcbbc8c2f.jpg
7c1f21c0c5a00d0bbf8ef751fccedb3a.jpg
03fff842f60e8e1b4784f977c57e79ac.jpg
1d8a349028a593e0602e240ddfa7dcc4.jpg

Sorry, I sent you the air duct. Here is the left side shroud on 2-13. I have removed the side cowls without removing the seat cowl.
First time I removed stuff it was like a rubic's cube. I had no book and after admitting defeat went to YouTube and watched several videos. Put on the driving lights and bracket put everything back together and the very last plastic clip was dropped into the bowels of the bike. Had to remove everything again! Two days later putting on another farkle I had to remove some panels again. By the fourth time I could strip it all off in less than 15 minutes. Was frustrating to learn so just be patient. Haven't had to do it in two years and I will have to learn all over but now I have this manual I bought off eBay.
Good luck!
Guy
42e4e2a08571778c798a6fd62ce39478.jpg
a88f819abef93664440c49c3ffd024d4.jpg

I replaced my front left turn signal yesterday. The panels are a PIA. One of the reasons for this is that there are 7 - 8 different screw fasteners used and it would help to keep notes/pictures of which fasteners are used where.

Had the same issue after a little whoopsie and, after seeing the cost of a single OEM replacement light, went with a pair of LED replacements for the front blinkers.
Picked up some adapter plates for the side panel locations. Got the 49mmx30mm size and they fit nicely.
Replaced the turn signals with these ones. Smaller and lower profile than the bulky OEM models. Decent light output. White running lights normally on the outer couple of LEDs, which switch to amber turn signals when engaged.
The wiring are standard bullet connectors. You can either splice in to the factory wiring harness after cutting away from the OEM lights or pick up some 3-prong adapters on Amazon.
Either modify the signal controller (instructions elsewhere on here or other forums) to disable to fast flashing, purchase an LED-enabled signal controller to replace the stock unit, or get some resistors to wire in to increase the load on the signal wires.

Pulling the side plastics off sucks. I found and used the instructions that can be found for installing Honda's heated grips. Basically have to start at the rear and work your way forward to pull all the plastics off. There's a couple hidden fasteners inside the space under the air duct covers. Getting them out isn't as bad as getting them in unless you've got really small hands.

20170408_184920.jpg

Last edited:
yet another reason I like dirt-bike type bodies/plastic.

Back