• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Fork gaiters

black

Reaction score
Visit site
hi, new to the forum and have searched for gaiter options and have seen some pics (not much) , but i was wondering if people could post pics of what they are running. thanks and i look forward to buying crap for the new bike

hi, new to the forum and have searched for gaiter options and have seen some pics (not much) , but i was wondering if people could post pics of what they are running. thanks and i look forward to buying crap for the new bike

9.jpgAttached is a REI article on "how to choose gaiters".

Gaiters: How to Choose

Also, motorcycle fork seal protectors:

http://www.powersportrider.com/CGI-BIN/ZCATJPG?catpub=OR0214C&catpage=833.00

Most dealerships can get the Tucker Rocky parts.

smileyHeadset.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Well, if you're part of the DIY crowd, then you might like these.
They are the sleeves of my daughter's old wet suit. The seam is in the back, and
the zip ties are not especially tight except for the one at the very bottom.
Cost unknown.
ncgaiters.jpg
The radiator cover is a piece of barbecue grill, sprayed with primer and rustoleum,
edged with plastic tubing (slit down the side so it will cover and grip the sharp metal edges).
There's also a length of the same tubing running down the center to cushion the grill should it
ever take a big hit from a rock. The tubing is zip tied on, and the whole thing attaches at the four
corners of the radiator.

Edit: I just noticed that this is your first post! Welcome! I'm glad your here.

Last edited:
I have the Hippo Hands fork protectors. Not the pretiest but easy velcro install and removal at low cost.

When I had my forks upgraded the vendor said he often sees damaged seals from dirt getting behind protectors and never cleaned off. He was strong proponent of protector that is easily removed to clean forks and praised mine. Also said primary value is preventing dings from road debris.

Screenshot_2014-01-26-14-06-39.jpg

I have the Hippo Hands fork protectors. Not the pretiest but easy velcro install and removal at low cost.

When I had my forks upgraded the vendor said he often sees damaged seals from dirt getting behind protectors and never cleaned off. He was strong proponent of protector that is easily removed to clean forks and praised mine. Also said primary value is preventing dings from road debris.

Ditto! Whatever you get, take them off and clean under them periodically.

thanks, those all seem like they would work , but i am more interested in the accordion type, i have no issues with pulling the forks. i know the yamaha bolt ones work

thanks, those all seem like they would work , but i am more interested in the accordion type, i have no issues with pulling the forks. i know the yamaha bolt ones work

That's interesting to know about the gaiters from a Bolt working. This would be a fairly easy fit on the S model then as there's not so much plastic to worry about as on the X model, and the S has shorter suspension travel as well.

Triumph do a pair of plastic fork guards. They are hard plastic and protect the front of the fork leg from direct road dirt and bugs. They clamp onto the NC forks like they were made for them. I suspect that Honda and Triumph use the same fork manufacturer. Kayaba ? I picked up on these items elsewhere on this forum. I am not mad keen on total enclosure bellows type fork protectors as the bellows does what a bellows is meant to do. It moves air around and can pressurise air past the fork seals into the forks. That could necessitate an air release valve on the top of the forks.

Triumph do a pair of plastic fork guards. They are hard plastic and protect the front of the fork leg from direct road dirt and bugs. They clamp onto the NC forks like they were made for them. I suspect that Honda and Triumph use the same fork manufacturer. Kayaba ? I picked up on these items elsewhere on this forum. I am not mad keen on total enclosure bellows type fork protectors as the bellows does what a bellows is meant to do. It moves air around and can pressurise air past the fork seals into the forks. That could necessitate an air release valve on the top of the forks.

Yes, someone posted the link here a while back and I got a pair and am quite happy with them. This is the link someone posted earlier

http://www.triumphmcparts.com/produc.../A9641010.html

This is what they look like mounted

Forkprotector.jpg

forkprotector2.jpg

They cost $25.95 with shipping and were a very easy instal

I couldn't get that link to work. Is this them?

Fork Protector Kit. Fits: Triumph | Triumph Motorcycle Parts

And what all did you order? The kit? They list a kit. Does that come with the screws, nuts, and protectors. I think I'm going to order these.

Yes it comes with everything you need screw's nuts and protectors

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I have them on my bike to,so far so good.
you can see them on me forky;)

1xw9.jpg

Last edited:
Back