• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

FINALLY ready to pull the trigger!

Well everyone, after lurking, learning, and waiting for my job situation to pan out, I plan on making my purchase of a brand new 2013 NC700X this week! I've gotten a lot of great info from this forum, so thanks to everyone for their views and opinions. LOVED talking about the NCX with the dealer and him telling me how I know more about the bike than he does - makes me feel like I did a good job on my homework! I know he's got to be familiar with a shop full of bikes and ATVs while I've been studying up on the one I want for months... but still.

Thought I'd share a list of accessories I've decided to purchase right off the bat - I formed the list based on prices and reviews I've seen on this forum and elsewhere on the web, but if anyone has specific warnings/horror stories from experience with the parts, something required that I'm missing, or a better site or store to buy from, I'm all ears!

Honda
- 12V Accessory socket $79.95
- Relay kit $9.95
- Sub harness $24.95

Twisted Throttle
- Givi windscreen $119.70
- SW Motech alu-rack $169.99
- Givi engine guards (back order) $180.00

Bestem USA
- 2012 TBox (42L) $79.95

-That cool red reflective tape for the rims that I saw on another members bike! I'll have to search for it again, but that'll be a definite pickup, too.

I do have some mechanical inclination (together with this forum and YouTube!), so I'm not too worried about any installations. I've also got 10% discounts going from Bestem and Twisted Throttle.
In the future I plan to pick up extra lights, Trackside handguards, a camera, some throw over inexpensive saddlebags for longer expeditions, and plenty other little bits and pieces. Hearing everyone's opinion of the seat (I've only spent 15-20 minutes on it at a time for test rides) I'll give it some riding time before deciding on a seat solution if I need one.
I figured the engine guards, trunk, and windscreen were the soonest must-haves for me.

I'll be sure to post up some pictures when the deal is done (they're closed Mondays and we'll see how long the paperwork will take).

Hi, what's the relay used for? Is it to delay the switching on of the headlights?
Thanks.

9e2ahu3a.jpg
ju6apyme.jpg

NiX made it to her new home this afternoon!

Congratulations. You might want to swing for a centerstand soon if not now. I really like having one.

I've thought about it. I have a motorcycle/ATV lift from Harbor Freight that I used for maintenance on the Shadow I had, I'll see whether it works out with the NCX... if not ill definitely be in the market for one.

You can't go wrong with this bike. I get bummed everyday it's raining or there's some other reason I need to jump in the cage. My bike actually makes me want to go to work even if I don't want to be there once I arrive.

A word of warning about the excellent gas mileage however: It's totally negated by the fact that you'll be driving far out of the way you would normally go to get somewhere just because. My gas-guzzling automobile only has to go the shortest distance between two points.

Back