• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

FINALLY ready to pull the trigger!

CoopaLoop

Reaction score
Visit site
Well everyone, after lurking, learning, and waiting for my job situation to pan out, I plan on making my purchase of a brand new 2013 NC700X this week! I've gotten a lot of great info from this forum, so thanks to everyone for their views and opinions. LOVED talking about the NCX with the dealer and him telling me how I know more about the bike than he does - makes me feel like I did a good job on my homework! I know he's got to be familiar with a shop full of bikes and ATVs while I've been studying up on the one I want for months... but still.

Thought I'd share a list of accessories I've decided to purchase right off the bat - I formed the list based on prices and reviews I've seen on this forum and elsewhere on the web, but if anyone has specific warnings/horror stories from experience with the parts, something required that I'm missing, or a better site or store to buy from, I'm all ears!

Honda
- 12V Accessory socket $79.95
- Relay kit $9.95
- Sub harness $24.95

Twisted Throttle
- Givi windscreen $119.70
- SW Motech alu-rack $169.99
- Givi engine guards (back order) $180.00

Bestem USA
- 2012 TBox (42L) $79.95

-That cool red reflective tape for the rims that I saw on another members bike! I'll have to search for it again, but that'll be a definite pickup, too.

I do have some mechanical inclination (together with this forum and YouTube!), so I'm not too worried about any installations. I've also got 10% discounts going from Bestem and Twisted Throttle.
In the future I plan to pick up extra lights, Trackside handguards, a camera, some throw over inexpensive saddlebags for longer expeditions, and plenty other little bits and pieces. Hearing everyone's opinion of the seat (I've only spent 15-20 minutes on it at a time for test rides) I'll give it some riding time before deciding on a seat solution if I need one.
I figured the engine guards, trunk, and windscreen were the soonest must-haves for me.

I'll be sure to post up some pictures when the deal is done (they're closed Mondays and we'll see how long the paperwork will take).

I bought mine two weeks ago and still have a smile a mile wide when I hop on it. I can't comment on any of your accessories as the only thing I've put on so far is a Kaoko Throttle Lock and a Saddlemen gel pad. I hope you enjoy it, and welcome aboard!

Congrats on your decision. This is my very first bike, and since I only had 'one' shot at buying one (my 'boss' wouldn't like it if I wanted to trade for something else soon after buying a bike I didn't like), I am very happy with my decision. It fits me well as a beginner (well over a year now), and I get alot of other bikers (usually at stop lights when we are next to each other) asking about my bike, like 'Is that the new Honda with the built-in trunk? Looks great up close.'...puts a smile on my face. I can see this bike staying with me for a LONG time (or until my neck/back issues tells me I can no longer ride)

Thanks for the welcomes! Been on the forum a while, it'll be nice to discuss my own bike instead of all of yours!
This'll be my second bike, and would've come much sooner, but I just got official word that I'll be keeping my job at the same pay rate come October 1st. So, I laid out the cost analysis presentation to my "boss" (the wife, lol) this weekend, and got the go-ahead from her.

Congratulations on the new purchase. I have a great time on my NC every time I hop on for a ride.

Congrats on the new purchase. You will like the NC's frunk functionality, and the fuel economy. I know I do anyway :)

Went in and did the paperwork today! The NCX I had test rides on was sold, but I lucked out and there's a brand new red one crated up that I'll pick up tomorrow afternoon!

Back