• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Fender extender and hugger

tew47

Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone tried reshaping the rear hugger and mounting a fender extender to the hugger? It might give a little more protection.

tew47

View attachment 1534 This is what comes to my mind.

Ha, ha, ha! Thanks for that one.

My set-up doesn't keep muck from coming over the top and fouling the underside of the fender, shock absorber, etc., but my problem with the hugger was the lack of clearance. Every now and then something gets carried over with the tire or it gets mud-packed. I wouldn't want less than the provided front fender clearance on the rear. If a properly clearanced hugger became available that didn't hug so tightly, I would add it and take off the shock sock.

Last edited:
I wouldn't want less than the provided front fender clearance on the rear. If a properly clearanced hugger became available that didn't hug so tightly, I would add it and take off the shock sock.

Lee, have a close look at the Skidmarx one. I have no clearance issues, I do believe it has enough room -at least with Metzelers

IMAG0094.jpg

This is a picture I took to show a modification I did to the chain guard. If you want some specific image, just let me know

Lee, have a close look at the Skidmarx one. I have no clearance issues, I do believe it has enough room -at least with Metzelers

This is a picture I took to show a modification I did to the chain guard. If you want some specific image, just let me know

What clearance do you have to the tire?

What clearance do you have to the tire?

Almost 3 cm from top of the tyre to hugger. Tyre has 8,000 km, but I'm pretty sure it would be around an inch when new:

IMAG0187.jpg

And about 2 cm in each side:

IMAG0194.jpg

About the same than in the front fender I would say

Almost 3 cm from top of the tyre to hugger. Tyre has 8,000 km, but I'm pretty sure it would be around an inch when new:
About the same than in the front fender I would say

Now if we could just source them in the US.

Skidmarx would not do well here as a trade name as it has a negative connotation of something that happens to underwear. Also known as a "muffler burn"

Now if we could just source them in the US.

Skidmarx would not do well here as a trade name as it has a negative connotation of something that happens to underwear. Also known as a "muffler burn"

I think you might be able to get the Skidmarx hugger from an outfit in FL (?) called Streetfighters by Design. Contact is [email protected]. Ph. 772-597-3207. I purchased the Skidmarx windscreen through them.

I have the Pyramid front extender (39.99 with free shipping) and enquired about the rear hugger from Pyramid, I was thinking it should be $70-80. I was wrong. I like the look and size of the Skidmarx better than the Pyramid. But to match what I have already have and because I am cheap I will probably ask Santa for the Pyramid. Does anyone have the Pyramid hugger and can give clearance numbers on it?
I called on Nov 28th, they replied right away. ed

Thanks for your call this morning. The price for the Pyramid Hugger for the NC700X (Pyramid part number 071800B) that you asked about is US$119.99, which includes free shipping in the US. As I mentioned, we have this in stock and it is shippable today. I am sending you an invoice by paypal, since you indicated that this is your preferred payment method.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to give either Keith or me a call.

Thanks,

Marie Sims

Creative Cycle Concepts
425-485-3488
Bring you the best aftermarket Sport & Adventure Touring Part for your bike!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Creative-Cycle-Concepts/215419388482363

So skidmarx offers a carbon fiber hugger.. I have been looking for carbon fiber parts (im a CF junkie), so far all i have found is a CF fender extender in the front on eBay, its on order from the UK, same price as the pyramid plastic (which i had already ordered when i found the CF =/). Does anyone know of other carbon fiber options for the rear hugger?

Edit: On skidmarx website it looks like they painted the carbon fiber Hugger black... Seriously!? WTF

Last edited:
Just heard back from Skidmarx about their CF hugger being painted black, this was their responce:

Hi Craig -
If we provide a hugger for your NC in carbon fibre , the finish will be the same as the BMW one in the picture ( no pictures of the carbon NC at the moment).
The reason it says black for the carbon listing on the site is that it is a set parameter that we can't bypass.All of our carbon products have a clear gelcoat outer to show the carbon cloth underneath.
Best regards
Chris.

Back