• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question Rear hugger?

Rabbit

Reaction score
Visit site
Does a rear hugger actually protect the rear shock and prevent it from wearing out sooner, and does it help keep the tail cleaner? Thinking about getting one but not sure if it is worth the money.

Short huggers commonly sold for motorcycles don't stop the rear wheel from flinging dirt and water against the shock but shocks have hefty wipers above the seal to protect the shaft seal and don't really need protection. A simple rubber flap attached to the fender inner liner does a better job than a hugger keeping the shock and surrounding area clean and costs next to nothing. Just make it long enough to go down between the tire and the swing arm. I made a mud flap for each of my NCs. My 2013 came with a Puig hugger and I like the look of it but it's not much use to keep the area clean. The tire flings crap over the hugger and still hits the shock.

NC700X mud flap.jpg

I think I had one similar to that but sold it when I found it impossible to reattach it after I (stupidly) removed it for a thorough cleaning! It required spacers on the right side and I just couldn't get it back together. Looked nice, but be warned!

Attachments

• 20171001_174032.jpg
    20171001_174032.jpg
    905.5 KB · Views: 9
Back