• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Fallen NC700X - sliders tested

Motodrocher

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Found this on the Russian NC700X forum. Looks like sliders worked well along with the back metal guards...

[video=youtube;WqF4UKX65vk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqF4UKX65vk[/video]

Did somebody forget to tell him not to try to cross a ridge like that? That's either lack of rider education or a bad case of old-fashioned dumbass....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did somebody forget to tell him not to try to cross a ridge like that? That's either lack of rider education or a bad case of old-fashioned dumbass....
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with Mike, he hit his front brake at the exact second he was crossing the rock ridge line. This caused the front wheel to turn all the way into the yoke stop. Another learning experience.

RightBrake.jpg

People don't always know they have to cycle the key switch off and on to start a modern bike after a fall. This resets the bank angle sensor circuit.

The rider fell victim to the classic edge trap.

I encountered a similar situation several years ago with a section of interstate that was being repaved. The slow lane had new blacktop and was about 3-4" higher than the fast lane which was already scarified, and I had to get over because my off ramp was coming up.

Checking that both lanes were clear of traffic, I got to the extreme left of the fast lane (actually on the line), then abruptly angled right to the slow lane. What I was doing was creating a greater angle so my front tire would climb the rise and not slide away. Once into the slow lane, I had to push equally hard to the left to keep the bike off the edge of the road. It helps greatly if you practice this swerve-swerve motion on a desolate road without traffic to get the hang of it. I was an MSF instructor for 16-years and the swerve-swerve was one of the lessons taught, mainly to avoid road debris but it worked well in that situation.

Last edited:
I encountered a similar situation several years ago with a section of interstate that was being repaved. The slow lane had new blacktop and was about 3-4" higher than the fast lane which was already scarified, and I had to get over because my off ramp was coming up.

Checking that both lanes were clear of traffic, I got to the extreme left of the fast lane (actually on the line), then abruptly angled right to the slow lane. What I was doing was creating a greater angle so my front tire would climb the rise and not slide away. Once into the slow lane, I had to push equally hard to the left to keep the bike off the edge of the road. It helps greatly if you practice this swerve-swerve motion on a desolate road without traffic to get the hang of it. I was an MSF instructor for 16-years and the swerve-swerve was one of the lessons taught, mainly to avoid road debris but it worked well in that situation.

Yup, you have to attack these kind of edges. Makes my whole body hurt to watch that!

This fries me. I was on a WR250x here in California and they were repaving the freeway and there was this horrible lip while entering the freeway and I was aimed to fly over 3 lanes as I should have been to jump the lip....rather I was merging as a car would and as this victim did. I called the city as I think they should have had a sign up warning us about the abnormal lip. It's hard to see these lips until it's too late. In my own opinion, has nothing to do with skill. Just wrong place at the wrong time.

Now the video above here shows me a lack of skill and too much trust in white paint. Both crashes are lame though. Horrible.

This fries me. I was on a WR250x here in California and they were repaving the freeway and there was this horrible lip while entering the freeway and I was aimed to fly over 3 lanes as I should have been to jump the lip....rather I was merging as a car would and as this victim did. I called the city as I think they should have had a sign up warning us about the abnormal lip. It's hard to see these lips until it's too late. In my own opinion, has nothing to do with skill. Just wrong place at the wrong time.

Now the video above here shows me a lack of skill and too much trust in white paint. Both crashes are lame though. Horrible.

I think anytime you crash all by yourself, it's about skill.

I don't think he was able to start the bike :-/).
Yes he says he was waiting for 15-20 min after then started and rode all the way home. A year later he confirmed the bike was OK and there were no damages to engine as it shuts off automatically (really? I didn't know about this feature on DCTs)
he told that was his first crash and he didn't have much experience before that, all he is talking after is how stupid that was and swearing himself.

Moreover, he's riding close to 70 km/h in the 40 limit road work zone... I barely do 50 when I'm in my car because of "loose orange people", loose gravel, double fines, ets... But that's Russia, people on that forum are not happy with the Puig tall windscreens with extra deflector for one reason - their head is blown off by wind at 140-150 km/h with 90 km/h speed limits all over the country.

I don't remember anyone on our forum has the back guards like that guy, does anyone?

Yes he says he was waiting for 15-20 min after then started and rode all the way home. A year later he confirmed the bike was OK and there were no damages to engine as it shuts off automatically (really? I didn't know about this feature on DCTs)

Manual will also shutoff automatically. Least it has everytime I've had it on its side. My understanding is the bike has a tilt meter which is why you have to turn it off, to reset the tilt meter, before it will restart.

Back