• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Extreme Farkling - The #$%#$% seat!

Beemerphile

#1 Elite
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I messed up my timing to have the Russell (or Mayer, or whatever) seat done while my bike was down for suspension work, so I decided to bite the bullet and buy a spare seat for it so I can ride during the modification period. I did this on my BMW and it came in handy. I don't want to take another extended downtime period for modification. As a public service to the board, I have decided to make the "spare" seat available to anyone who needs it for a similar purpose. The way it would work is this...

* You contract with someone for a custom seat (doesn't matter who).
* I send them the "spare" seat (you pay postage).
* When you get your custom seat, you hold the spare until someone else needs it.
* If you would rather, you can ship it back to me.
* Since I bought the seat, I go first.

Mighty generous offer Lee!

How much do you estimate a custom seat would cost?

I've been thinking of trying the gel pad/sheep skin method my Harley riding buddy said to try, seems fairly cheap, and if that doesn't work, a pair of Airhawks would be around $400. They seem to get good reviews, but I've never touched one myself.

Customs can run from $150 to over $700. An all-leather heated Russell (driver portion only) will run about $600 I think. I have tried every kind of cure to the NC seat, but the shape is wrong. Also it pushes the rider into the fake tank. I have tried a temperfoam pad, a sheepskin, an Airhawk, and a beaded seat cover. If you want an Airhawk, PM me. There are two kinds of Airhawks: A cheap one (Airhawk 2) with PVC bladder and a valve guaranteed to break loose from the bladder in short order, or the more expensive original Airhawk with rubber bladder and a hose on the inflator. I have the better one.

I can't wait for your review on the Russell bemmerphile!

Looks like gkgeiger is going to go first with his Mayer build. I can't get a Russell appointment that quick, and they want a picture of me in the riding position,but, well, it currently has no riding position. I have some other work to do first. We can eventually compare the BMS and RDL seats. And that will be a Good Thing (tm).

Back