• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Extreme Farkling - The #$%#$% seat!

I think my problem was that I acted like it already WAS one. My wife calls me "Ant Boy" because I can lift and carry 2x my weight. But, alas, I think that Ant Boy may be in my past.

That's better than what people called me at one of my previous job where I got a inguinal hernia. They used to say I was just "too stupid to know $h*ts heavy". After having surgery to repair it I learned my lesson. That was a very painful recovery, and not something I ever want to re-live. Hope your recovery is quick and as painless as it can be.

Hi Lee I can only echo the good wishes that the others have posted

Same! :(

ouch doesn't quite cover it...*shiver*

It sure does feel weird to have to say: "No, I can't do that." or: "Can you help me?" after a lifelong: "You moved that by yourself?!" Or: "Nah, it's ok, I got it."

Sigh. Oh well. At least it goes better with my grey whiskers and bifocals now.

(auuuugh!) lol

This upgrade I'll be interested in. I hope you use something from an existing bike and not a new aftermarket. Maybe even a 19'' wheel.

It would be pricey any way you did it. But man-o how cool. I'd shoot for an extra inch of travel F and R and BMW GS tubeless rims. I wouldn't want to end up running tubes after spending that much money. I'm not one that tries to cost-justify the mods to a bike, but this one is probably a bridge too far. It would take a lot of investigation to find donor forks, brakes, triple clamps, rims and wheel hubs. Worst case it would require custom triple clamps and wheel hubs CNC'ed from billet stock.

I have a set of ohlins with a 17 or 18 or 21 inch wheel with 320 mm brake rotor, with axcel hubs, i have already looked at this mod, the stems are close in dimensions. And i can shorted the forks to any length, the problem is the forks use a off set forward axle this would mean i would have to machine new clamps !!!! Then the rear end is not up to the task, if i put on a ohlins shock that is 15 mm longer stroke, with the same compressed length i can get 25-30 mm more rear wheel travel. But upside down forks really load the steering head area. The real problem is the back suspension if i raise it up the chain angles are wrong. Ill work on this, maybe just putting on a cbr1000rr front end, witch is fully adjustable, at the stock nc height would be easyer.

What A Great Seat!!!

Good thoughts and prayers for a healthy, Speedy recovery. Thank you for posting about the seat.... Looks very classy and functional. Based upon my experience it is and will be an amazing seat. Cannot wait to read about the ride report. At the appropriate time, of course :D

Back