• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Expencive bike wash

mick

Reaction score
Visit site
I Finished washing my new toy and rode it back into tHe basement with nice shiny tiled floor, oops my wet shoes slipped sideways and I dropped the bike, nothing I could do the more the bike leaned the more my foot slid, new set of handlebars and Givy touring screen needed, phew could have been a lot worse.

Well that stinks but be happy the bike only had minor damage and that you had none. Generally it takes longer for bones to heal then to get a couple replacement parts for the bike. :)

Welcome to the "Down To Earth" club. You are now an official member of the "haves". The "have not's" will be joining us shortly! Glad to see you are OK.

You gave me a great Idea. Those things, "Ideas", don't come around to often at my age. Going to start a new tread group "The Down to Earth" club. You can join by adding a picture of your scratched and dented bike.

Last edited:
Wow, new handlebars, That is quite a drop. I'm glad its bike parts and not people parts. Much easier to repair.

So you caught dropsey from your wife :) j/k How is she doing now btw? Glad to hear you weren't hurt and get another chance to farkle.

happens to me once,but bike fell on my leg. i guess we both lucky. no damage on me and one small scratch on bike. be careful next time!

In late Nov. early Dec. 2007 my Uncle Stu, who was in his mid eighties at the time, was pushing his Yamaha Seca around his garage. It got away from him and he and it fell. He broke his pelvis. Took him four hours to crawl to his house and get into a chair. He didn't want to but was made to go to the hospital. He developed pneumonia but overcame that and went to rehab for a short while and was home a little before Christmas. He sent me a card saying he was feeling fine and looking forward to the new year and riding season. He had a massive heart attack a day or two after Christmas and died. I tried to get up to IL on New Year's Day of '08 to go to his funeral but there was a big snow storm between here and there and didn't make it. His wife of close to sixty years, Aunt Rose, died about eight months later. Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all...

Glad you weren't hurt!

Mick, you gave me the idea to start a new group "The Down to Earth Club"

The club is for us "have's"

The "have not's" will be joining us soon.

Please add a picture of your drop to the group. Thank you for the "idea".

Posted Today, 12:35 AM

Its just got worse, started to take the handle bars off, looked for the grub skrews to take the heated grip off the left side like on my tiger but oh no its glued on and wont come off no matter how I try, guess I'll be ordering a new set of heated grips, Think I might fit a bar brace incase it happens again.

I've only had two bikes. Have dropped them both in the exact same spot in my driveway. Forgot to put down the side stand both times. Stupid. Once they start to go down, they are hard to stop. The NC really hurt my back in trying to stop it. Thankfully the bike was fine. The back only took a week to heal up. Thankfully no one saw my stupidity. Thus, my ego was unscathed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't understand why folks get embarrassed about a bike drop. This tells me this is a real Rider. This could never happen to a bike not used and parked in the garage. However, you can not ride a bike parked in your garage. The average motorcycle owner rides less than 2,500 miles per year. Yes, we will drop our bikes, that is just a part of Riding !

Had a drop unstrapping tie downs while on the trailer. Fell over onto the 12" rails. No visible damage. At least it didn't flop onto the ground.

Hope I don't make that mistake 2 times.

Go to "Go Advance" in bottom right of the Reply box then "Manage Attachments". You can probably figure it out from there on your own.

I had a shoelace get wrapped around the shift lever and I about dumped my Shadow in traffic at a stoplight when I went to put my foot down.
I've also lost my footing on oil patches at stop lights and almost lost it.
And then there was the time I was on a group ride and we were all parking close together and my VFR tipped a little but I couldn't extend my foot further to catch the bike and the brand new mirror I had just installed broke on the brand new F4 next to me. I was lucky the guy was still on the bike or it could have been like dominoes.

It happens.

Back