• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Expencive bike wash

Not to bad,could have been worse.glad all worked out.and yes was joking about north pole lol

sent from 34.0764 n 118.4296 w

All sorted now total cost £266.00 bars, Givi screen, and left side heated grip,

Bummer about the drop. Good to hear that you've got it sorted now. :)

As Old Can Ride says, it's very common to drop a bike sometime, somehow...

So, for the entertainment of others, here's my drop story:

I picked my new NC700SA up on a Friday 13th (well, nothing ever happens on Friday 13th - it's all a myth isn't it??...). The first time I'd ridden a bike in over 30 years was about 20 yards in the dealer's carpark as I headed for my trailer. Didn't drop it. First test passed. :cool:

Loaded and unloaded it. Still no drop. Phew. Rode down the street successfully and went round a small roundabout, still in the saddle. hey! It's all coming back, no problems.. I'm as good as I was years ago... aren't I?... maybe... :rolleyes:

A few kilometres later and I stopped at a crossroads and put my foot down.... in the wrong spot apparently. Gravel on the road, weird camber, just plain poor choice of time and place to plant foot - or a bit of them all?... but the result was that my foot slid away and the bike and I toppled gently sideways onto the gravel verge, at zero speed. The icing on the cake was that a gang of maintenance people immediately opposite silently watched the whole performance, like a herd of inquisitive cows.

Not so much as a scratch or dent on the bike, but the pride took a bit of a knock. But it was a very useful lesson learned about foot placement and balance, in a spot with no other traffic. Stayed upright in the months since.

But a couple of days later I did come up with a very dramatic purple bruise to match the sore muscles... All gone now though (..uh, the bruise gone, not the leg...).

Attachments

• Bruise01.jpg
    Bruise01.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 645
Back