• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Electrical Connector

jjtj2

Reaction score
Visit site
I am trying to install the Smart Turn Signal. I am needing access to the wires coming from the controls on the left handlebar. The wires are in a very tight space and I have traced them to this connector. If I can get the connector disconnected, I can move the wire temporarily and gain easier access to it. Does anybody know how to separate this connector? I have pushed on the tab but I can't get the two halve to move at all. I really don't won't to start prying unless that is what is required to get it apart.

Electrical Connector.jpg

I can't answer your question about disconnecting that connector, but I can suggest that you get some Posi-Tap connectors instead. They are wonderful for this type of work...

Posi-Tap- No Crimp Tap

This is what Ad-More lights ships with their products to make installation easy.

Use a pair of hose pliers. Use the pliers to push down on the tab and it helps to grip the connector so your not pulling on the wires.

61iqDQPvKYL._SL1500_.jpg

Pushing on the tab and prying between the 2 connector sections with a flat tip screwdriver should slide the male side out of the main connector body. Good luck.

Back