• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question EK screw type master link

That's why they tell you to measure the squished head, but I mean c'mon. I don't trust myself going.. ok needs a little more squishing..oops too much... and I can't unsqush it. I trust myself with a clip type link done hundreds of them no issues.
To be fair there’s about .012” or .3mm of tolerance in the squishing. So it’s not a super tight spec.

I must have really screwed up. Using a Motion Pro PBR chain rivet tool, I overtightened and damaged a VX2 rivet link on an NC chain. Had to remove and discard the link, and start over with a new one.
The PBR tool is great with the rivet head. If using the push pin to press the rivet, then it can over tighten. My first rivet link I used the press pin and under pressed the rivet. The link wasn’t going anywhere, but I eventually bought a new link for fear I’d lose the grease from under the x ring.

I will show the Motion Pro and Pit Posse chain riveter.
Pic 1 is the motion pro tool
Pic 2 is the close up of the rivet head
pic 3 is the Pit Posse kit with the special rivet head
Pic 4 is the “standard Motion Pro” chain kit without the rivet head (this kit you can over press the rivet and kink the chain)

Hope this helps with visuals.
91361383-6E9B-4372-908E-11D74636AD94.png42829C5D-1603-4AF7-97C3-A553C08D3393.pngBC5EDE1B-BB5B-4F47-ABA6-7A7F42BBCECA.pngAAEB90C8-2000-4497-BA1E-687B1482DC28.png

I must have really screwed up. Using a Motion Pro PBR chain rivet tool, I overtightened and damaged a VX2 rivet link on an NC chain. Had to remove and discard the link, and start over with a new one.
I did the same thing with a MP chain tool and a VX2 chain on my first NC. I still have the tool kit just don't have a need for it except to break the OEM chain at first replacement.

The PBR tool is great with the rivet head. If using the push pin to press the rivet, then it can over tighten. My first rivet link I used the press pin and under pressed the rivet. The link wasn’t going anywhere, but I eventually bought a new link for fear I’d lose the grease from under the x ring.

I will show the Motion Pro and Pit Posse chain riveter.
Pic 1 is the motion pro tool
Pic 2 is the close up of the rivet head
pic 3 is the Pit Posse kit with the special rivet head
Pic 4 is the “standard Motion Pro” chain kit without the rivet head (this kit you can over press the rivet and kink the chain)

Hope this helps with visuals.
View attachment 48300View attachment 48301View attachment 48302View attachment 48303

Like I said, following the directions with the MP PBR, I over squished the x-rings and they squeezed out the sides.

My excuse is that I really don’t have much chain riveting experience. From 1982 until 2010, my street bikes were shaft drive.

Like I said, following the directions with the MP PBR, I over squished the x-rings and they squeezed out the sides.

My excuse is that I really don’t have much chain riveting experience. From 1982 until 2010, my street bikes were shaft drive.

I like that excuse! I am a fanboy of shaft drive.

Back