• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Dunlop Tyres - Honda Warranty Replacement

T

Tim Clynes

Honda have identified an issue with the Dunlop Tyres fitted to new NC 700/ 750 displaying heavy wear at between 1500/2000 miles and are replacing them under warranty.

It would appear Dunlop identified a 'bad batch' and the tyres are no longer available.

I discovered this after picking up a screw through the centre of my rear and being unable to buy a replacement.

Not wishing to ride on a repaired tyre, or a mixed pair, I contacted Honda who admitted the above issue.

They have agreed with my assertion that it is reasonable for them to pay for a replacement Pirelli scorpion front tyre to match the Pirelli scorpion rear I have ordered.

Check your tyres if you have the diamond hatched Dunlops.

Tim, this is a well trodden path on the UK NC Forum - plenty of info and advice there.

Myself and many others have had the original 'super fast wearing' Dunlops replaced at Honda's cost. You seem to have it all in hand but if you have any problems get in touch with Phil Dix on 01753 590361 or 07894 798611 or email [email protected]

Tim, this is a well trodden path on the UK NC Forum - plenty of info and advice there.

Myself and many others have had the original 'super fast wearing' Dunlops replaced at Honda's cost. You seem to have it all in hand but if you have any problems get in touch with Phil Dix on 01753 590361 or 07894 798611 or email [email protected]

Thank you, I hadn't Sen anything about it to be honest, but I thought it worth a shout out.

I can't really expect Honda to replace a tyre with nail damage for free (325 miles!) but I was shocked that I couldn't buy a matching Dunlop and the reasons why.

I'm happy they have agreed to replace the front.

I have just rung Honda about this today as my NC750X has worn the rear tyre out at just over 2000 miles. I dropped into the dealer yesterday and they told me to ring Honda Care and get a number and take that back to the dealer. The dealer will then photograph the tyre and replace it. I think they intend to put on a Pirelli. The front is also showing wear but not as bad as the back. My dealer told me that they have already replaced 2.

It was only by chance when I was waiting for a friend to show up when I was in Ireland the other weekend that I looked at it and was shocked to find the tyre almost to the wear bars.

Mike

I have had a result. Eventually Honda and my dealer agreed to replace BOTH tyres. This was done on Wednesday. I now have a set of Pirelli Scorpion tyres fitted. Lets see how long these last.

On a different note I have had a problem with the trip meter not updating correctly. Honda have now sent me a recall letter asking me to take the bike to a dealer to have this rectified. For all of you out there who have had this problem contact your dealer.

Mike

Honda have identified an issue with the Dunlop Tyres fitted to new NC 700/ 750 displaying heavy wear at between 1500/2000 miles and are replacing them under warranty.

It would appear Dunlop identified a 'bad batch' and the tyres are no longer available.

I discovered this after picking up a screw through the centre of my rear and being unable to buy a replacement.

Not wishing to ride on a repaired tyre, or a mixed pair, I contacted Honda who admitted the above issue.

They have agreed with my assertion that it is reasonable for them to pay for a replacement Pirelli scorpion front tyre to match the Pirelli scorpion rear I have ordered.

Check your tyres if you have the diamond hatched Dunlops.

Thanks for this, very interesting I will be giving Honda a call on Monday, I've have done 7000miles on my NC750x but had to pay £160 for a replacement rear tyre that was totally bald at 1200miles.

Coming up to 1 year (1st March) other than the bald rear tyre at 1200 miles have experienced the following issues:

Trip meter random resets
Rubber around storage tank keeps falling off
Storage lid has blown up a few times at motorway speeds
Genuine Honda heated grips have stopped working (lights are on but no heat - regardless if setting 1,2 or 3)

Booked in for 1year service on 20th feb so hopefully should get all the above sorted

Hi Logic_28.
Good luck with your claim for tyres now. You will probably find that you had to claim at the time as Honda required the dealer to take photgraphs of the tyres. They did with mine. My tyres were almost worn out at 2000 miles but by the time everything got sorted out I had managed to do about 2500 miles and was probably beyond the legal limit.

The trip meter fault is subject to a recall but again I think Honda may have sent recall letters to those who complained to the dealer. I had mine replaced at 2800 miles. The storage lid (the Frunk) lock mecahnism is also subject to a recall. I had a recall letter 2 weeks after I had the fault fixed. I didn't know there was a fault but the dealer did and they did the work when they replaced the speedo. With the lid I think the problem was stiffness in the locking mechanism and the cam plate was replace/greased. Anyway my lock works a lot better now.

I can't comment on the heated grips as I have R&G (I think) grips fitted. They are good but have a habit on a long run of going to nuclear furnace heat on their own. I do sometimes feel that the throttle side runs a bit cooler then the clutch side.

I took delivery of my 750x at the very end of September and have now done about 5000 miles. The bike is running well and I am pleased with it. It does sometimes hesitate a little at about 3000 rpm but I am not worried about it as it it is only a couple of beats and then it is away.
Mike

2015 tires
The same tires that came with the 2014 NC750X, Dunlop Trailmax D609, is fitted to the 2015 models I have seen in Sweden.
is this the case in other European countries?

Check out the tyre wear and have a word with the dealer. My dealer asked me to phone Honda support and get a case number which I then took back to the dealer. They then photographed the tyres to show how worn they were. They contacted Honda and Honda replaced the Dunlops with Pirelli Scorpions as these were the alternative tyre specified for the bike by Honda. All a little complicated but if the originals wore out at 2000 miles or so you will get a pair of new tyres.

Check out the recall on the speedometer and the luggage lock while you are at it.

Back