• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

driving lights

JimbosToys

Reaction score
Visit site
Added a pair of 8watt LED units. Small and do not interfere with forks using the Honda lightbar. Wired into the high beam side of the headlight with Siamese lug tap. Minor power increase (1.5amps) over the 60watt halogen bulb, so hope no fuse issues.
Wanted more daytime recognition - bright white really stands out and the light 'triangle' reveals I am a bike.
Also, at night I have a secondary light source if the headlight bulb burns out (happened and I was stuck).
Here's a pic:20160622_131311.jpg

this is what I bought. $8 for pair at the time:

2X Bright Silver 12V 85V LED Spot Light Headlamp Light Motor Bike Car Motorcycle | eBay

Cheesy construction details, but an aluminum body with a good heat sink design. We'll see how they last. I am also using a pair on my boat - lotta lumens for low power.

Jimbo

PS - yes, that is a Spitfire shield. My used NC came with a sawed-off Honda touring screen and I have been messing about with noise reduction. The Spitfire was on my XL350R. I acquired a stock screen, but it was noisy. Mixed reports from many on here about the aftermarket screens, so I have been dragging my feet. This config allows for airflow like a Madstad. Works pretty well, actually, and I am not too offended by the looks. More fiddling to come.

I also used the Denali light bar to mount the D2 lights. They are SO bright.

The wiring we did runs battery - Denali on off switch - factory high low.

That lets me turn them off or dim them.

There is no reason you can't measure the holes under the beak and make it yourself.

Or

Denali will sell you mounts that go on the crash bar.

Last edited:
I would like to add driving lights to my bike but would not like to have to pay for a light bar. Has anyone found LED driving lights that can be put on the bike w/o using a light bar? If so, how are they mounted? I love the Denali black round lights but others may do as well.

I would like to add driving lights to my bike but would not like to have to pay for a light bar. Has anyone found LED driving lights that can be put on the bike w/o using a light bar? If so, how are they mounted? I love the Denali black round lights but others may do as well.

I just went to home depot, bought a piece of aluminum flatbar and some bolts, and cut/drilled it to work just like the overpriced denali bar.

P.s. I looked up the laws governing auxiliary lights in Kansas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Missouri before doing this.

The laws are different in each state.

I concluded that if the lights are angled down enough that the bright center of the beam that is cast is BELOW the physical light at 25 feet, you are ok in those four states.

Hard to beat the Denali light bar at $35 bucks. Unless you like to build things. I thought about making my own out of aluminum stock.

Looks great. I would like to see more photos of how you mounted them.

I used the Denali light bar.

Sorry for the delay - here you go:20160713_170426.jpg

Also z the light these two units add is fairly significant and welcome at night. I adjust them low to reduce blinding oncoming traffic and out for better side visibility (e.g. deer). Jim

Last edited:
Back