• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Don't let other people ride your bike!!!

You can find a lever on eBay or take it off and bring it into your local MC shop. One of them will fit.

Doesnt look like just a drop. I have dropped many bikes in my driveway (downhill and canted gravel out of my garage) and never ever put that kind of damage on a bike, usually just some gravel dust on the bar ends. That looks more like a low-speed low side than a mere drop. Sorry bud, if it was only a drop, there should not be any damage to worry about-motorcycles handle drop-only falls pretty good.

yeah this sucks. At least he's ok. I got one of my buddies to races bikes that keeps asking me to pop by his house so that he can see if my bike can pop a wheelie. Needless to say the bike is never gonna go close overthere!

I finally clicked on the photos and had a look at them. I also find it hard to believe that was a simple drop while at a stop. I've done that myself and the bar end and lever damage was nothing like that. Just minor almost unnoticeable scratches on the bar end and nowhere near that severe a bend in the lever. Your bar end and the engine case photos have marks that make it look like some sliding took place.

I know this feeling all to well. I let a friend ride my CBR. He stopped at a T intersection and took off like a "bat out of hell". Problem was, he forgot to turn so right into a grassy wooded area. He wasn't hurt but was afraid of the bike after that. Paid for all the damages. Lesson learned - people may say they have experience riding but what kind of bike was it. Come to find out my friend had rode only dirt bikes all his life. I fault myself in my case. I should have asked more questions. I would still allow a friend to ride my bike in an emergency but like someone said above, you better really trust them to do the right thing.

would I ever let another NC700x rider ride my NC70x?... Maybe...
only under the afore mentioned "you break it you fix it" agreement...

but after reading this thread... probably not ....

I'd like to think I've learned something from doc91b's experience.

I finally clicked on the photos and had a look at them. I also find it hard to believe that was a simple drop while at a stop. I've done that myself and the bar end and lever damage was nothing like that. Just minor almost unnoticeable scratches on the bar end and nowhere near that severe a bend in the lever. Your bar end and the engine case photos have marks that make it look like some sliding took place.

When I dropped my bike at a standstill, due to the angle of the road and the angle I fell at, the lever got damaged the same way. I'm only unsure about the engine cover damage because that looks like... well not a fall.

I learned to ride on my buddy's Kawasaki 250cc two stroke street bike in '75.
Crashed it racing a TR-4 in the hills above Portland, Oregon.
Cost about $250 to get it fixed up.
He was cool about it.

When I dropped my bike at a standstill, due to the angle of the road and the angle I fell at, the lever got damaged the same way. I'm only unsure about the engine cover damage because that looks like... well not a fall.

The engine cover marks show sliding from bottom to top. That's not consistent with a zero speed fall. The bar end didn't get worn down like that simply hitting the pavement. Again, not consistent with a zero speed fall.

It looks like the bar end had a back to front drag on the pavement, and the degree of lever bend also gives that impression.

It would appear, then, that the two areas show drag in two different directions, which would indicate the damage took place while the bike was on its side and pivoting clockwise. I can't imagine how one could drop a bike at a dead stop and get marks that make it look like the bike was pivoting.

If it were my bike and my friend, I would suspect my friend had engaged in some irresponsible tomfoolery he knew I wouldn't approve of and was lying to hide it. I would suspect he had tried to do a kewl broadside sliding stop, dropped the bike, and the momentum from the failed maneuver had caused the bike to pivot on the ground. The OP is free to draw whatever conclusions he wishes regarding the damage and his friend's integrity.

I let a mate take my NCS out for a spin after meeting at the local bike park. Then another took up my offer & just rode around said park. I trust both guys as experienced riders so wasn't too worried. These guys were interested in the bike from a technical point of view - single injector, good mpg etc etc...
Plenty of the other guys threw a leg over it too with some even justifying to themselves there & then why they should buy one :). In fact Honda should probably pay me as a salesman lol
It's always a risk but I wanted my mates to experience what I'm experiencing.

The engine cover marks show sliding from bottom to top. That's not consistent with a zero speed fall. The bar end didn't get worn down like that simply hitting the pavement. Again, not consistent with a zero speed fall.

It looks like the bar end had a back to front drag on the pavement, and the degree of lever bend also gives that impression.

It would appear, then, that the two areas show drag in two different directions, which would indicate the damage took place while the bike was on its side and pivoting clockwise. I can't imagine how one could drop a bike at a dead stop and get marks that make it look like the bike was pivoting.

If it were my bike and my friend, I would suspect my friend had engaged in some irresponsible tomfoolery he knew I wouldn't approve of and was lying to hide it. I would suspect he had tried to do a kewl broadside sliding stop, dropped the bike, and the momentum from the failed maneuver had caused the bike to pivot on the ground. The OP is free to draw whatever conclusions he wishes regarding the damage and his friend's integrity.

Well I think this might also be because once the bike fell and the say, lever took a bit of damage, then the handlebar got damaged and acted as a pivot point until the bike/handlebars came to a complete stop, due to the angle of the bike vs. the road. I mean, it's not just the bike that fell, the dude probably did, and possibly fell on his leg/body, and caused to slightly different patterns of damage to the bike.

Well I think this might also be because once the bike fell and the say, lever took a bit of damage, then the handlebar got damaged and acted as a pivot point until the bike/handlebars came to a complete stop, due to the angle of the bike vs. the road. I mean, it's not just the bike that fell, the dude probably did, and possibly fell on his leg/body, and caused to slightly different patterns of damage to the bike.

Several scenarios are possible, I suppose, but "I forgot to put my feet down and dropped the bike at a dead stop" doesn't pass the smell test.

Anyone know where I could find the right side engine cover? The companies that sell OEM parts don't list it.

Sorry for off-topic... Nowhere yet as far as I know... I wrote to R&G Racing about right-side covers for DCT version... still waiting for their reply. I'll let you know if I have any.

Anyone know where I could find the right side engine cover? The companies that sell OEM parts don't list it.

Listed under "Right Crankcase Cover" illustration at Rocky Mtn ATV. Might be cheaper at Procaliber.

64520-MGS-D50ZB COVER, R. ENGINE SIDE *NH167MU* (IRON NAIL SILVER METALLIC-U) | Digital silver metallic NHA30M; $52.88

Greg

Listed under "Right Crankcase Cover" illustration at Rocky Mtn ATV. Might be cheaper at Procaliber.

64520-MGS-D50ZB COVER, R. ENGINE SIDE *NH167MU* (IRON NAIL SILVER METALLIC-U) | Digital silver metallic NHA30M; $52.88

Greg

This looks to be the right part for DCT bike - I posted non-DCT part previously.

Back