• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Doh!

Billy Budd

Reaction score
Visit site
Santa gave me a Go Pro Camera for Christmas. Mounted it on 700X yesterday and took a test ride. Worked great. I went on a great ride for YOU guys and filmed the whole thing. Got home and I downloaded a single picture..........Crap. Sooo I guess I will have to ride the whole thing over again today.:cool: A little later when the sun is high and a little warmer.

Waiting for the video BB. Are you sure the miscue wasn't deliberate to give you an excuse to ride? We finally have a gorgeous day here, although a little chilly. Hope to ride later in the day, but first need to take my wife to a quilt store.

In CH, it is extremely strangely warm.
We had 12C on Xmas day....highest in history.
:(
:p

That sounds like some residues from Munich (München) that got about +20 degrees the very same day. Here locally we got variating temps from -15 to +2 running up and down over and over again. The snow we got lately is still here in about 50 cm thick so it will take some time to have it melt away...

I have had a GoPro for awhile. It's one fantastic little camera. I also got the suction cup for mounting on tanks and any other flat surface. With a couple more extensions, the mounting possibility is endless. Also, it might be a good idea to tie the camera with a string when you use the suction cup. I am always paranoyed about dropping the camera while riding.

Here's a video I took on my favorite ride while living in Georgia.

Ducati Monster S2R1000 on Buford Dam Loop - YouTube

Well here it is............I guess I should post it in the Video section. Cool and overcast today. This was taken at Saguaro National Monument. A nine mile loop so the video is over 17 minutes. Yes I stalled the bike!

[video=youtube;j-lgMeW1op0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-lgMeW1op0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Thanks for the video BB. Enjoyed watching it, although it did confirm why I live in the Pacific Northwest. Just can't get into desert surroundings, but do envy the fact that you can ride year round. There are plusses. You will enjoy the new camera. And don't feel bad, I've stalled my bike a fews times as well.

That's a great view. Can you tell me how you mounted it? I've got a GoPro but haven't messed with trying to mount it to the NC yet...

trey

Thanks for the video BB. Enjoyed watching it, although it did confirm why I live in the Pacific Northwest. Just can't get into desert surroundings, but do envy the fact that you can ride year round. There are plusses. You will enjoy the new camera. And don't feel bad, I've stalled my bike a fews times as well.

I went wine tasting with family today just south of Tucson. I can see why you would not think it is beautiful in the desert.
036.jpg047.jpg081.jpg094.jpg088.jpg086.jpg

Actually, I shouldn't be too hard on the desert since I've only had limited experience with it. Apart from the New England area I have lived or traveled in most other regions of this great country we call home, and have found there is something to see wherever you are. One day, after I retire, I will have to travel to AZ and NM to see what they have to offer. Right now I would have to do it in summer, and I don't do well with heat. Enjoyed the pics. If the four gals are family, you are blessed!

Riding in the desert would certainly be different to anything that we have here

that's why you need to venture out a bit more Dick ..leave bike here and hire one when you get there.
the Canary Isle are really barren just volcano ash and rocks.
when ever we can we try and hire a scooter or car.
here are just some taken last October in forteventura ..
dsc02122dt.jpg

dsc02119vi.jpg

dsc02127kn.jpg

Back