• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

DMV/Dimotiv upper engine guard

Junairy

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, anyone here installed the above? I just wanna check whether if your left side of the guard (frunk area) is higher than the right.

No, I have the Givi set-up on my NC and got to test them a week ago, after low siding very hard because of a highway repair crew leaving glass bead reflectors in the middle of a turn.
Check out my thread in the general discussion under Glass Beads. I'm partial to the old style bars and the Givi fit the NC better, style wise, IMO. With the multiple attach points, they disperse a crash load well.

I confess I had never heard of them until now (or if I did, it wasn't retained in memory :eek:) but just googling them to see, I discover they make quite a few interesting looking things.

Am I reading it right that these are made out of aluminum? If that's the case, then I would think of them same as more for looks or just a nice place to mount aux lights, than "engine guards", to be honest, though.

Sorry I can't help with your question about fitment comparison between installed examples :(

I don't have DMV engine guards but have ordered several items from them - sprocket cover and front and rear axle sliders. They offer free shipping for orders over $100 and provide good communications on your orders including tracking.

IMHO, the Babyface engine sliders are perhaps the best looking sliders out there. And I can attest that they work wonders in a low side. I've been down on both sides, and the sliders completely protected the engine. I will tell you that the heavy aluminum mounting plate did bend very slightly in a hard 50 mph low side. While the mounting plate was still useable, I decided to get a complete replacement slider for the right side. My left side incident only messed up the tip of the slider and I only replaced the slider part.

crash.jpg

CB4ME I was looking at those but was worried about the bolt on location being pulled or damaged in a slide. How did they hold up in that sense or what are your thoughts on it?
I don't have DMV engine guards but have ordered several items from them - sprocket cover and front and rear axle sliders. They offer free shipping for orders over $100 and provide good communications on your orders including tracking.

IMHO, the Babyface engine sliders are perhaps the best looking sliders out there. And I can attest that they work wonders in a low side. I've been down on both sides, and the sliders completely protected the engine. I will tell you that the heavy aluminum mounting plate did bend very slightly in a hard 50 mph low side. While the mounting plate was still useable, I decided to get a complete replacement slider for the right side. My left side incident only messed up the tip of the slider and I only replaced the slider part.

View attachment 25775

I went down hard enough to bend the handlebar. The slider mounting bracket absorbed the forces, and the mounting bolts were fine and easily came out. Absolutely no damage to the engine bolt holes.

bent.jpg

I ordered mine from Samurider.com but they are also available from Webike. If they are in stock at Webike you'll get them faster, but you can't go wrong if you order from Samurider.

Back