• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

DIY highway pegs.

Harley's highway pegs and mounts fit on the horizontal frame bar so I tried it out for a little while but I just feel weird with my feet out like that. Maybe when I get older and having my knees bent hurts ill cave but until then ill keep my feet on the footpegs. No offense to anyone with them by the way... or older... :)

It's just a alternate place to put your feet to stretch out for a short bit.I have 23 days of 260+ miles coming up and need to be able to stretch alittle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's just a alternate place to put your feet to stretch out for a short bit.I have 23 days of 260+ miles coming up and need to be able to stretch alittle.

Well then I guess in that case I think I would probably do the same.. Lol 23 days? That's madness!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The last two years I've done 17 day trips and averaged about 390 miles/day. I couldn't have made it without highway pegs on my bike. It is great for both knees and butt.
Mike

So here they are,mounted and ready to go.
The position is legs foreward with knees bent less than 1/2 way.
I will try to get a pic of me on it soon.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362944221.720785.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362944237.075833.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362944254.582186.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362944273.704892.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362944288.035795.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362944304.049326.jpg

Took it for a ride and they will work good to give my legs a break every so often..

Last edited:
1.41 inches is the diameter. I used 1.5 inch clamps and cut a section of old inner tube to fill the gap.
Mike

Yup,heres what you need.
ty5e7eme.jpg

Here they are with a peice of old innertube under them.
ezaqana5.jpg

Personally I'd be a little nervous about using an exhaust clamp... I'd be worried about crushing the tube if it were cranked down too much (and we all know we like to "crank it down"). I stopped by my local ebay tab and picked up a pair of 1.5" clamps that have a nice wide band. Note these are larger than the tube as mentioned before but it allows for a little old tube for vibration and protection of the frame. I wraped it once with an old bike tube... then held it in place with electrical tape while I... uh... tightened it down. ;-)

I think it turned out well... from a distance you don't see them. :D

IMG_20150909_154956.jpgIMG_20150909_154926.jpg

To me, those pegs seem to me to be too high for comfortable riding unless you have a driver's backrest.
If they were used as leg rests rather than foot rests, they might be alright.
I will need to take a close look tomorrow.
On a DCT they would be very useable.

To me, those pegs seem to me to be too high for comfortable riding unless you have a driver's backrest.
If they were used as leg rests rather than foot rests, they might be alright.
I will need to take a close look tomorrow.
On a DCT they would be very useable.

I never put my feet on them,they are just to stretch out my legs so my knees don't cramp up on 400+ mile days.

Live life,be yourself !!!!.

NC700X, the next generation Cheap C*** bke.
Who will be the first to mount an egg crate on the back rack? ;)
I'll take credit for that, if no one else pipes up. It's my way of transporting my dog .

And I don't think Nort is cheap. He's just a man with a welder and skillz! Thanks for the idea!

Back