• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Deadhorse trip pictures

$1800 for the ride back to Fairbanks , dealer was not very cooperative so he shipped bike back to Mississippi another $2000 and his son hopped a plane home.

For that kind of cash, he could have taken a page from OCRs playbook and bought a truck to drive home....

If I had not got hurt last week I would be riding the "Top of the World Highway" right now.

TopOfWorld.jpg

Road Pikes Peak last week. Nothing like riding above the clouds.

PikesPeak 001.jpg

Last edited:
OCR don't give two hoots and a holler about no stinking State Park Police wannabees!

Glad to see you back the bike OCR!

OCR don't give two hoots and a holler about no stinking State Park Police wannabees!

Glad to see you back the bike OCR!

Wish I was back on the bike, (picture taken a few days before I went down) it will take about 8 to 12 weeks before I ride again. Just need the body to heal!

Wish I was back on the bike, (picture taken a few days before I went down) it will take about 8 to 12 weeks before I ride again. Just need the body to heal!
I thought I might run into you up here. You might have missed my Alaska again post, last week. I did The Top of the World for the 3rd time this trip. It is down to about 60 miles of gravel now days. Never been to Pikes Peak, someday. I have ridden to the top of Mount Evans 14130 feet then hikes up to the very peak 14264.

I thought I might run into you up here. You might have missed my Alaska again post, last week. I did The Top of the World for the 3rd time this trip. It is down to about 60 miles of gravel now days. Never been to Pikes Peak, someday. I have ridden to the top of Mount Evans 14130 feet then hikes up to the very peak 14264.

If you ever get to Pikes Peak make sure to ride the Million Dollar Highway (550), also.

[video=youtube;OxTJX2eLtX0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxTJX2eLtX0[/video]

Well I am back in Whitehorse same motel the Family Hotel. I am beat my shoulders arch and my throttle hand wrist hurts. May take a day off , but Saturday cleaning bike was like a day off. I was going to post a few pictures but my phone is not taking me to Tap Tak today and that is the only way I have been posting pictures.
Tok to border was smooth ride then from Canadian border lot of construction. The pilot car had a flat, trailers had flats it was slow going for 100 miles . No rain today, that was nice. I had breakfast with Kate Johnston Home she is making a Key West to Prudhoe Bay to Key West run. I had seen her the night before so at Breakfast she wanted to know all about the Dalton.
So my biggest moment today was a large brown bear walked out in front of me . It was hit the brakes hard and end up stopped right by him or keep on going and miss him by a nose. I have had my bear encounter so I kept on going. He noticed me on his next step, stopped in the middle of other lane and was standing up as I zoomed by. I saw a LARGE moose the other day , I mean I have seen lots of moose , but this one was right on the edge of the road and he was HUGE. I figured with a car you would mow him off at the knees but he would end up going out the back window of the car. He would put a real hurt on a Peterbuilt.
I don't think I mentioned the rainbow I saw on haul road, this was just a huge rainbow really close to road I could see both ends of it and it just seemed to move right with me. I was about ready to stop and take a picture but I didn't think camera would see it and I was running in about 3 inches of slop at the time. I also had caribou running in road up on the tundra I think they where trying to get away from mosquitoes At another point I was in the middle of nowhere , I stopped to take a break right in the middle of the road I was making a wet spot in the middle of the road ,,, when all of a sudden a helicopter appears right in front of me. The 3 guys were laughing and waving at me , I had seen them a few miles back doing some surveying it was so windy out I was wondering how the copter could fly. I waved back we all had a laugh. Well it's almost midnight sun still shining. later

bavejane.jpg
atugyda8.jpg
atyjyve3.jpg
amyryja8.jpg
ytu9usa2.jpg
ok I got this tap tak working here are a few pictures.

I saw a LARGE moose the other day , I mean I have seen lots of moose , but this one was right on the edge of the road and he was HUGE. I figured with a car you would mow him off at the knees but he would end up going out the back window of the car. He would put a real hurt on a Peterbuilt.

I have a friend hit a moose in a car. Hood of car hit him in legs and he dented the roof rolling over it. If the same thing happens in a pickup the body is coming through the windshield.

Those are some beautiful pictures. My son lives in Alaska. A town called Seldotna. My sister lives in North Pole. They both love it there and will never move back to the lower 48.

Moose Statistics and Appearance

Life span: 15-25 years
Weight: 550-700 kg (1200-1500 lbs)
Body length: 2.5-2.7 metres
Moose are large even-toed herbivorous mammals, the largest of the deer family.

Moose vary in size and shape. Their colour varies from a little brown to a dusty black depending on the season and age of the animal. Calves, in comparison, are often a light rusty colour.

Moose have long, lighter-colored legs with the front pair longer than the hind ones. Other features include a long nose, drooping lip, hump at the shoulders and small tail. The flap of skin that hangs beneath the throat is called a BELL.

Males weigh on average over 550 kg (1200 lbs) and females often more than 400 kg (900 lbs). New born calves weigh around 15 kg but quickly increase in size, around 300 or 400 pounds by its first winter. An Alaskan moose, one of the largest sub-group, discovered in 1897 holds the record for being the largest known modern deer. It was a bull standing 2.34 metres and weighed 816kg. Its RACK (or antler spread) was 199cm.

Height at the shoulders generally ranges between 6 ½-7 ½ feet (over 2 metres).

The other end of the size scale is the smaller Shiras moose, also known as the 'Wyoming' or 'Yellowstone' moose. These animals are lighter in colour around the ears and back and have smaller hooves and antlers. Unlike other subspecies they are comfortable at higher elevations.

With the sun staying up, it is hard planning your time. Sleep is important, but hard to judge just when. That I do understand. I stayed at the campground at the end of the airport in Whitehorse. Whitehorse is a great place to take the day off. Watch for the bears along the roadway, as they are looking for road kill.

Those are some beautiful pictures. My son lives in Alaska. A town called Seldotna. My sister lives in North Pole. They both love it there and will never move back to the lower 48.
Soldotna I remember it well from previous trip. One it has a great bakery everyone goes to. The morning I walked out of my motel room a moose and her calf were standing on the edge of parking lot. North pole yes on another trip I had to get the required picture in front of post office. Buzzed right past North Pole this time and I didn't go south , my mission was the Dalton.

With the sun staying up, it is hard planning your time. Sleep is important, but hard to judge just when. That I do understand. I stayed at the campground at the end of the airport in Whitehorse. Whitehorse is a great place to take the day off. Watch for the bears along the roadway, as they are looking for road kill.

I took the day off, read on.

Well I took the day off, was up early found the train station for White Pass Yukon train ride. Because I was early and first in line she got me a ticket even though they where booked solid. So it is a fantastic bus trip train ride to Skagway. Skagway had 4 cruise ships in and it was the only perfect weather day they have had this year. 4th of July airport was fogged in train had a rock slide blocking tracks road had a landslide and the ferry had a large truck stuck on loading ramp. Boy is it easy to fall asleep on a bus, I only woke up when she would announce another site to see. I came back to the same old Family Motel I checked others more expensive. The internet is slow here , but the place is clean and after 4 times now she she seems to know me. Every kind of food place you could want is within walking distance. So only 400 miles planned tomorrow going to stay at a old time roadhouse. May be out of contact.
u2ezupej.jpg
ydapejyq.jpg
y3e4a9a7.jpg
asa5yzav.jpg
be3evy2u.jpg
vezatuhu.jpg
ejatepet.jpg
he4a4era.jpg
e9a9uqyp.jpg

Last edited:
Great pics. Thanks for posting. Like others on here I wish I was in a position to do that.

Back