• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

DCT review, all Honda DCT models.

Jelly

Reaction score
Visit site
Found this today, never seen it before.

Apologies if already posted, if not, enjoy. :)

[video=youtube_share;HSXe-Rj_d9U]http://youtu.be/HSXe-Rj_d9U[/video]

I really enjoy my dct. The 700x that i have at times i feel i want more power. However, in everyday commuting its good and can't ask for anything more. Maybe someday if honda brings over the cross-tourer, I may get that?

HELL YEAH!!! I got goosebumps watching this video. I'd love to have a Crosstour with the DCT to possibly replace my ST1300. But alas, the Crosstour is not available here in the United States. :(

Good video, I am enjoying the DCT on my NC700X and I would probably get a DCT crosstourer if they brought them to the U.S. Just gotta get it past the wife...

Dang,has to be a way to get one of those cross tours. Need to check on shipping and legal stuff. Maybe send Honda 2 emails a week lol.

I put my first 50 miles on my DCT and love it.

I climb a hill going to my farm w/a steep 2nd gear R/H on it. I was in D mode, but the bike stayed in 2nd when I know it should have up shifted as I neared the top.
I'm now going to run the bike in D mode on level or downhill roads but move to manual when encountering hills where I feel the rider has a better shift point knowledge than the computer and its' more fun in manual, anyway.
As mentioned, this bike short shifts in D mode and should know how hard the engine is pulling to get the S shifts correct, but won't go to 6th until 60 MPH, a bit late to my thinking.
I enjoy running in M mode and simply blipping the shift toggles w/o moving the throttle!, to run up and down the gearing. Now that is a hoot. Makes one feel like Ricky Racer.

Unfortunately us Canadians can't get the DCT but I sure would like to try one. Some complain the DCT 700 needs a touch more power. I've never found that on my 750 manual. Has anyone here rode the 700 DCT then the 750 manual? Thoughts?

Last edited:
Some complain the DCT 700 needs a touch more power.

Power comes at a price. The NC, w/the latest (very efficient) engine from Honda, does well enough for what it is. A 700cc is not a torque motor so its' power must come from RPMs, which the NC motor also lacks.
The NC750 has a few more revs, so a little more power (at the top end), but still is not a powerful motor, even w/a standard transmission. The DCT bike is heavier so loses some power for that reason.

I have always had a tendency to short shift my motors but w/a relatively light throttle position. But this DCT in D mode shifts way too early. I think I hear my bearings screaming 'what are you thinking?'.
On the several BMW demo rides I've been on over the years the ride captains always stressed 'rev the motors. Don't lug the engine'. The NC DCT is a lugger. But a relatively light fuel mapping does not allow the
bearings to be overloaded, I hope. BMW motors are high compression units whose bearings can be overheated more quickly from lugging.

The NC750 has a few more revs, so a little more power (at the top end), . . . .

I though the 750 had the same redline as the 700. No?

The 750 power peak is still about 6250, same as the 700.
image.jpg

Last edited:
It does appear they have the same redline, but I remember reading the reason Honda went to a bigger motor was because the 700 would hit the rev limiter easily. Of course, that statement did not come from Honda.
So bumping up the motor size would not address that supposed characteristic of the 700 and 75cc does not change the similarities of the bikes. So what is the REAL reason for the 750? Interesting.

I'm scared of test riding the cross tourer in case I like it too much!

yeah but you wouldn't get the same mpg would you.
the vfr1200 is an uglier bike.
why do Honda make bikes look so boring dont they like splash of colours on these bikes.
it seems only sport bikes get a mixture of colours.

Last edited:
Back