Need Help DCT acting weird

GabrielCS

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I own a NC750X 2017 which I've been happily riding so far.

A problem occurred recently with my DCT: it won't at times go into drive when it's in neutral or in neutral when it is in drive (I'm not reving it).
For example, this may occur when I stop at a red light and the bike is still trying to go with the brakes pressed, if I press the N button many times it may go intro neutral but if it does it wont easily go back into Drive.

This occurred after this winter I was caught by surprise by a winter storm and had to deposit my bike with a quarter of a tank filled (I know, bad). It stayed on that tank for about 2 whole months.
When I tried starting it the bike was exhausting short burst of smoke and could not properly start (it would just turn off). I thought ok, needs new fuel.
I refuelled it and after a while the engine started working as usual. I also changed the oil afterwards but the problems appeared before that.

I stumbled upon a DCT reset while trying to fix this, it seems to help but won't last for long.

I would really appreciate any advice here as I'm stuck. Other than that the bike seems to function perfectly well ( gear changes also).

TacomaJD

Reaction score
I wouldn't think storing for 2 months would really be long enough even with 1/4 tank of gas to cause problems running. Strange. I've let bikes sit that long at times without cranking, not even on a tender, fire right up and run without issue.

Ditto on the battery, maybe it dropped voltage over the storage period and either needs a good trickle charge or replaced?

670cc

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Have you checked your battery as a. Low battery can cause DCT problems.
Rocker66. Now there's a name I haven't seen in a while. Welcome back!