• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Dash Camera for my NC700

mreric

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
here is a picture of my NC700 with a car dash camera.

I am an insurance adjuster that handle bike/car accident for other people all day long. having evidence in a car/bike accident is very important. I commute everyday in CA traffic, as i know how insurance in CA, i recommend this to every rider to protect themselves, i have this in all my cars and family member cars. i cant stress this enough. get one!!! you can get really good one for about $60. cheap one for about $25.

if you dont know about dash camera her a intro video

A Beginners Guide to Car Dashcam DVR Cameras - YouTube
Car Tech 101: Dashcams explained - YouTube

there is many different prices, different quality, and also many fake chinese one that are clone of the good one. the clone are not as great, but they still work.

I am pretty updated with dash camera tech as i have been using them for over 7 years. they have come a long way

here is a good forum and site for more info
Dash Cam Talk
click on each camera for more info and about where to buy.... mostly ebay.

I use a clone, i leave mine mounted all the time. if someone steal it or break is only $25 dollars. might upgrade in the future. the reason i recommend a dash cam is due to the facts that is turn on when you turn on the ignition, so you wont forget and wont run out of battery. gopro or action camera can run out of battery and you can also forget to turn it on.

on the NC is have a fuse tap to the headlight to a 12volt socket. this is much cheaper than OEM socket
Amazon.com : FAST Shipping* ADD CIRCUIT BLADE STYLE ATM APS ATT LOW PROFILE MINI FUSE HOLDER FUSE TAP + 5AMP FUSE : Car Electronics

these camera take very little power.

I have mine attached to the NC with one of these
Digital Cam Car DVR Mount Holder Vehicle Dashcam Small Mount with 3M Stick | eBay

2014-08-23 17.38.01.jpg2014-08-23 17.38.47.jpg

Just a note on hard bump the camera will hit the fender .... how do I know I had a emergency light, smaller and closer to fairing (top where your camera is mounted) and it hit and scratched the fender.... I now have light setting just in front of the fairing .... I was not off-road either so be aware.

good idea,but piece of sticky tape? common..i would bolt it on ASAP. otherwise you are looking for trouble, if this thing fell off. with an endless possibilities and outcomes. imagine if it fell off,swings on that power cable at high speed and get into a front wheel. or between a fender and the wheel

That USB cable is not permanently like that I hope :)

My 750 Integra will be delivered in 3 weeks, so I'm already collecting bits for it, like chain oiler, fork protection etc, including a dash cam of sorts. I ended up ordering a Mobius cam, wide angle version with few different mounts to play with. I like your idea for the location mreric. I will have to see how that works out on the Integra.

good idea,but piece of sticky tape? common..i would bolt it on ASAP. otherwise you are looking for trouble, if this thing fell off. with an endless possibilities and outcomes. imagine if it fell off,swings on that power cable at high speed and get into a front wheel. or between a fender and the wheel

had it like that in all my other bike no issue. the tape is very strong. 3m tape. and is tether to a zip tie.

Just a note on hard bump the camera will hit the fender .... how do I know I had a emergency light, smaller and closer to fairing (top where your camera is mounted) and it hit and scratched the fender.... I now have light setting just in front of the fairing .... I was not off-road either so be aware.

thanks for the head up

Good idea. Like gboswellsac said not sure about that exact location for mounting it though.

I am considering getting a cam for my car and I've ordered a Midland XTC280 recently for the NC. Though not a true "dash cam" the XTC280 is as simple as flipping one switch and it's on and recording. We'll see how it work out for me. I've got a 100mile round trip commute and I think it might be a good idea to start recording things, just in case. Went I went down on my last bike when someone cut me off, I at least had several witnesses stop to see if I was ok and give the CHP statements. Might not be so lucky next time.

I have been considering getting one and like the idea.

One concern is it needs to be waterproof and most dash cams aren't. Any input on a good waterproof one?

A second need is ability to see in low light. I would like to capture some of what happens after dark too. Input?

Another benefit is if we all get them we can compete with the Russians posting crazy events caught on camera. There have been many times I wished I had a video of something I saw.

One concern is it needs to be waterproof and most dash cams aren't. Any input on a good waterproof one?

A second need is ability to see in low light. I would like to capture some of what happens after dark too. Input?

Another benefit is if we all get them we can compete with the Russians posting crazy events caught on camera. There have been many times I wished I had a video of something I saw.

The Midland XTC280 isn't water proof, but it comes with a waterproof case. And it's less than $100 which is why I thought I'd try it out. I don't need Go Pro quality or price, just something for the day to day commuting and such.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I've been thinking about a "dash" cam for the nx too, you mounted it the same place I was thinking, you'll have to let us know how the video is and if the vibration is a problem down there.

I was liking at the tachyon bike cam, it has a weather proof rubber jacket that goes around the cam itself, also adds a protective lens cover (hopefully cheaper to replace than the whole cam)

Thanks for the link to the Dash Cam Talk site. I am thinking about maybe this one.
Size in mm 72 x 52 x 43
Size in inches: 3"x2"x1.7"
Dash Cam Talk considers it best bang for buck with a screen.
B40 / A118 | Dash Cam Talk

I want a small screen on it as well as small / inconspicuous.

I plan to mount behind and near bottom of wind screen. I would rather wipe bugs off the screen than the camera lens and it will be better protected from weather. Mounted above the wheel will be in driving rain when it is wet out. Thoughts?

51Xaiqs5eJL._SL1500_.jpg

Midland xtc is a decent camera , you can check my vids in video section made by it. However-using it as a dashcam could be very problematic. First of all-position of the camera is absolutely crucial. Nc is very shaky bike, because of 2 cylinder, so you have to be picky about camera location. Handlebar or mirrors are out of question. Battery last for about 30 min, 45 max. 32 gb memory should last for about 3-4 hours. Make sure it's class 10 or higher. Because of relatively short battery life you have to provide power via usb cable. Problem is-you can't use that usb cable with waterproof case. You can probably drill a hole in the door of that case. But main difference between regular cam and dashboard cams that the last one is continuously recoding video. Mean when memory is full-it will automatically delete older records and overwrite it. Xct doesn't do that

here is waterproof one with all the go pro stuff and can be a true dash cam

SJ4000 HD Action Camera Review - All the mounts - half the price - YouTube

a true dash cam must turn on and off with ignition. most accident will happen when you are in a hurry, and when you are in a hurry is when you forget to turn on your camera. as i commute often i cannot be charging every night, too annoying. traffic is unpredictable, i do not want to jump on the bike just to have forgotten to charge up.

I have used mine in the rain, is not waterproof, somehow it still works

here is waterproof one with all the go pro stuff and can be a true dash cam

SJ4000 HD Action Camera Review - All the mounts - half the price - YouTube

a true dash cam must turn on and off with ignition. most accident will happen when you are in a hurry, and when you are in a hurry is when you forget to turn on your camera. as i commute often i cannot be charging every night, too annoying. traffic is unpredictable, i do not want to jump on the bike just to have forgotten to charge up.

I have used mine in the rain, is not waterproof, somehow it still works

Man! Wish I would have seen that one before going for the XTC. They are almost he same price, but obviously the SJ4000 has more features, better battery life and a vast array of accessories as they are compatible with GoPro's.

The SJ4000 only has around 1 hour of battery life, if I were to get one I would cut into the "waterproof" case so a charging cable could be connected. I don't normally ride in the rain anyway, if I got caught out I'd just toss it in the frunk.

I've been thinking about a "dash" cam for the nx too, you mounted it the same place I was thinking, you'll have to let us know how the video is and if the vibration is a problem down there.

I was liking at the tachyon bike cam, it has a weather proof rubber jacket that goes around the cam itself, also adds a protective lens cover (hopefully cheaper to replace than the whole cam)

I have seen this too. but this is over price. many Chinese/taiwanese camera are much better for a must lower price

taiwanese brand: DOD
and korean brand: blackvue

both amazing, if you read up a bit about dash camera feature this tachyon camera would be a rip off for $229. no motion detection, no shock sensor. no suction mount for car if ever need to transfer, no delay off. no gps. etc.

I think the best is to get the cheapest possible. i tent to leave these on the bike they can get stolen, broken and so on. these camera also get updated every few years with new features. mine was $25, works great.

but will replace it soon with a better quality one for $45 bucks.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link to the Dash Cam Talk site. I am thinking about maybe this one.
Size in mm 72 x 52 x 43
Size in inches: 3"x2"x1.7"
Dash Cam Talk considers it best bang for buck with a screen.
B40 / A118 | Dash Cam Talk

I want a small screen on it as well as small / inconspicuous.

I plan to mount behind and near bottom of wind screen. I would rather wipe bugs off the screen than the camera lens and it will be better protected from weather. Mounted above the wheel will be in driving rain when it is wet out. Thoughts?

51Xaiqs5eJL._SL1500_.jpg

I have not try this, am new to the NC700. but as far as this camera, i know it just came out few month ago so i dont know how reliable they are.
mounting camera to the NC is very limited in location. let everyone know when you get it.
i do suggest playing with setting in a car if you drive more then you ride so you can get familiar with it

I have seen this too. but this is over price. many Chinese/taiwanese camera are much better for a must lower price

taiwanese brand: DOD
and korean brand: blackvue

both amazing, if you read up a bit about dash camera feature this tachyon camera would be a rip off for $229. no motion detection, no shock sensor. no suction mount for car if ever need to transfer, no delay off. no gps. etc.

I think the best is to get the cheapest possible. i tent to leave these on the bike they can get stolen, broken and so on. these camera also get updated every few years with new features. mine was $25, works great.

but will replace it soon with a better quality one for $45 bucks.

Perhaps the 10-20 minutes I spent search those names was insufficient, but neither appears to offer any kind of weather protection.
Also the one of them looked quiet large... I want something small and inconspicuous... something that can be tucked away on the bike, and no one would know it was there to try to steal it...

I agree the price on the one I mentioned is a bit steep (if it was $25 I wouldn't be looking, I'd have purchased it) but for something to leave on the bike, even during in climate weather events, it's the only thing I've found so far(though I only really started looking recently...)

I just got this for $139 on Amazon. Looks like it is a dud in low light based on that review but everything else does what I want in a cam https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07wZiNELfRQ

Back