• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

D S1 S2 S3 Whats the difference

Fix what ?

This is how the DCT was designed to work :)

What I found in my testing (described by you as a futile exercise) is that in S1 you can ride for hours on end at 88 km/h and it will stay in 5th however if you creep up to 90 km/h it will up-shift to 6th. Obviously if you give three quarter throttle it will hold 5th way past 90 and if you go full throttle it will hold 5th longer yet, 110 120 130 who knows, are you going up a hill, is there a headwind, most importantly how much throttle, these are the variables that go into the 'learning' algorithm, if you drive aggressively in the morning your bike doesn't take that into account when you continue after a lunch break. Your bike can't learn from past experiences, it has no memory.

You are saying that your bike has 'learned' that it should never go to 6th unless you are going at least 120 km/h, you can ride along in S1 at 118 km/h for hours on end and it will not up-shift to 6th? Doesn't sound right to me, in my humble opinion of course.

...if you drive aggressively in the morning your bike doesn't take that into account when you continue after a lunch break. Your bike can't learn from past experiences, it has no memory...

On the contrary, it does. The DCT on my bike "behaves" quite differently now, compared to the first 1000 km. This learning "thing" is one of the reasons, why some bikers do a DCT reset once in a while.

...You are saying that your bike has 'learned' that it should never go to 6th unless you are going at least 120 km/h, you can ride along in S1 at 118 km/h for hours on end and it will not up-shift to 6th? Doesn't sound right to me, in my humble opinion of course.

I am saying that when I ride in "S1" mode, the bike will not up-shift to 6th gear before I reach 120 km/h (at least so far it didn't happen) and I like that :)

On the contrary, it does. The DCT on my bike "behaves" quite differently now, compared to the first 1000 km. This learning "thing" is one of the reasons, why some bikers do a DCT reset once in a while.

Interesting. I too feel that the S modes were much tamer during the break in period. I've wondered if maybe it was programmed like that at the factory. A secret limitation for the break in period. A DCT reset I have not heard of. There is a re-calibration which has been discussed in other threads but general consensus is that it is used to calibrate a new clutch. If I remember right.

I am saying that when I ride in "S1" mode, the bike will not up-shift to 6th gear before I reach 120 km/h (at least so far it didn't happen) and I like that :)

Yeah, that's what I figured.

Ok, sorry for the hijack but I brushed up on my reading of the owner's manual, thanks to 670cc, and played with the three different S modes. Can't change on the fly like you can from D to S, but setting the different S modes at a stop is very simple - more so than what the manual makes it sound like. Tried each on the road and found two new reasons to like this thing (not like I needed more reasons). And S3 will launch this thing at a really brisk clip for the bike that it is! Didn't hit 6th gear till right about 70mph but it gets me there darn quick. Gotta get out on a faster road to really open it up. Couldn't do it justice in the neighborhood :rolleyes: thanks again for the education!

Ok, sorry for the hijack but I brushed up on my reading of the owner's manual, thanks to 670cc, and played with the three different S modes. Can't change on the fly like you can from D to S, but setting the different S modes at a stop is very simple - more so than what the manual makes it sound like. Tried each on the road and found two new reasons to like this thing (not like I needed more reasons). And S3 will launch this thing at a really brisk clip for the bike that it is! Didn't hit 6th gear till right about 70mph but it gets me there darn quick. Gotta get out on a faster road to really open it up. Couldn't do it justice in the neighborhood :rolleyes: thanks again for the education!

Keep trying to change the S mode on the fly, it can be done, the trick is to close the throttle then hold the button down for a second.

Contrary to what the owner's manual states, the S-modes can be changed
whiled moving, as long as you close the throttle. Once changed,
it will remember the S-mode selection even when you turn ignition off.
This is why I leave mine set on S2.

Contrary to what the owner's manual states, the S-modes can be changed
whiled moving, as long as you close the throttle. Once changed,
it will remember the S-mode selection even when you turn ignition off.
This is why I leave mine set on S2.

My owner's manual says exactly that I think
Mike

My owner's manual says exactly that I think
Mike

You're correct. I don't even have a manual for the 750X :)
I was remembering my ATwin traction control settings,
which contrary to what the manual says, can be changed on the fly.

Back