• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Crappy dealers

I wrote and sent off a letter to American Honda today telling them what happened and how disgusted I am about the dealer. Nothing will happen, of course. So my intention is, for now, as soon as I get the service manual, go to another dealer and buy all the screws, bolts, and nuts, plus a few of the plastic pins, replace everything and get it right, and then sell it. I'm thoroughly disgusted with Honda and just want to get rid of it. After all the BS from the dealer, it will never be the same. I just want it gone.

Pack your crap on your bike. (With beer of course) Ride up here to my place and we will tear the hell out of it and put it back together! We can even install a scabbard on it.

seems a bit harsh on Honda just because of one bad dealer. That's a bit like me meeting one American (or any other nationality) and saying that I want nothing to do with anything from that country
By ignoring Honda you could miss out on some really good bikes

thought you did Rocker unfortunate for you we both live in the same country
tounge-animated-animation-boy-smiley-emoticon-000343-large.gif

I will try not to step on anyone's toes here. In real life nothing is perfect!!!!. do not put all the dealers in the bad book. there are a lot of good dealers, like doctors, dentists and techs, sometimes you just have to look for the one that you think is the best and use him. there is nothing wrong with the product that you have, just poor service from one dealer. sending a letter to Honda, are you blaming them for something? They have done nothing wrong. nether has the the bike they built, just the dealer. Honda has no say in anything the dealer does period, it is a private business. they can make suggestions to the dealer but that's all. they have no legal recourse that they can do to the dealer because he did not put your bike together correctly. We get bikes in all the time that are worked on by the customers, and have problems because of that, some people can fix things some cant. With that said it is are job to find these problems when working on a bike. Problems like this almost always happen from poor procedures in the service dept.
1. my techs are instructed that when you take or see any thing wrong stop,, stop,, stop,, inform the service writer or me before going any farther, if the bolt is coming out HARD, i want to know before it brakes off, or is stripped out, is it something the customer could have done, or Honda on assembly, if it is Honda i can get them to pay for it, if it is something the customer may have done????
2. when this is followed to the tee, there are no problems, with the customer.
3. if the bike was worked on and there were no noted problems and the customer gets the bike home, and parts are missing, or stripped threads or rounded off nuts and bolts
then the tech and i will make it wright with the customer.
4. always remember that the customers time is very valuable to him, do not do anything to make him come back and see me, other then to say hi and have some coffee.
some times this policy eats allot of shop time, but i have very few customer related problems. and i can see this customer in the grocery store and no that he is happy. thanks dale

Last edited:
Pack your crap on your bike. (With beer of course) Ride up here to my place and we will tear the hell out of it and put it back together! We can even install a scabbard on it.

Thanks for the offer, if you were a little closer I'd think about it. I have a friend close by who's been a Harley mechanic for a long time, he's offered his shop and tools, along with his mechanical expertise, to get it right and put on the saddlebags, carrier, and trunk. We'll probably get it all done this week, and as soon after that as I can afford it, it's going on ebay for sale. At my advanced age, it's probably better for me to remain on 4 wheels in my little Suzuki Samurai, and leave all the 2-wheeled fun to you young guys.

I will try not to step on anyone's toes here. In real life nothing is perfect!!!!. do not put all the dealers in the bad book. there are a lot of good dealers, like doctors, dentists and techs, sometimes you just have to look for the one that you think is the best and use him. there is nothing wrong with the product that you have, just poor service from one dealer. sending a letter to Honda, are you blaming them for something? They have done nothing wrong. nether has the the bike they built, just the dealer. Honda has no say in anything the dealer does period, it is a private business. they can make suggestions to the dealer but that's all. they have no legal recourse that they can do to the dealer because he did not put your bike together correctly. We get bikes in all the time that are worked on by the customers, and have problems because of that, some people can fix things some cant. With that said it is are job to find these problems when working on a bike. Problems like this almost always happen from poor procedures in the service dept.
1. my techs are instructed that when you take or see any thing wrong stop,, stop,, stop,, inform the service writer or me before going any farther, if the bolt is coming out HARD, i want to know before it brakes off, or is stripped out, is it something the customer could have done, or Honda on assembly, if it is Honda i can get them to pay for it, if it is something the customer may have done????
2. when this is followed to the tee, there are no problems, with the customer.
3. if the bike was worked on and there were no noted problems and the customer gets the bike home, and parts are missing, or stripped threads or rounded off nuts and bolts
then the tech and i will make it wright with the customer.
4. always remember that the customers time is very valuable to him, do not do anything to make him come back and see me, other then to say hi and have some coffee.
some times this policy eats allot of shop time, but i have very few customer related problems. and i can see this customer in the grocery store and no that he is happy. thanks dale

That is exactly the sort of reason that having found an excellent dealer we are sticking with him despite the fact that it means we are restricted to Hondas a fact I can live with

Thanks for the offer, if you were a little closer I'd think about it. I have a friend close by who's been a Harley mechanic for a long time, he's offered his shop and tools, along with his mechanical expertise, to get it right and put on the saddlebags, carrier, and trunk. We'll probably get it all done this week, and as soon after that as I can afford it, it's going on ebay for sale. At my advanced age, it's probably better for me to remain on 4 wheels in my little Suzuki Samurai, and leave all the 2-wheeled fun to you young guys.

First: Auugh! :( so sorry you had to have this cr*p happen to you, I know EXACTLY how you feel. (thanks, BMW!)
I can't blame you one little bit for letting this push you over the edge, I still get an upset stomach thinking about my former bike and the whole sordid affair with the dealers etc. :grrrrr: Having said that, though, awe man, try to not let those morons wreck the bike or Honda for you.

Second:

Prease to forgive, for some reason this popped into my mind, bahahaha

Last, I knew I liked you ;) :

22 years I've had this little guy, my first and only car I've ever had or driven, my whole life:

Back