• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Coolant Change

oldmanaz

Reaction score
Visit site
Just like to share a bit of maintenance I like to do at every oil change.

As a bit of preface, I am an auto mechanic and like the sight of clean fluids. Working on my NC is much easier than the cars I see each day.

When I change the oil every six months or 4,000 miles I like to use my MityVac fluid evacuator to suck out the coolant in the radiator through the cap opening. Refill it with the coolant the Honda tech's use. Get it free from them.

Maybe I am being too preventative in the maintenance program, but it is easy and doesn't cost me really anything.

The cooling system doesn't take that much and I feel if keep the fluid fresh flushing won't be necessary.

Oldmanaz, if an ounce of prevention equals a pound of cure, then you are in for a long and happy relationship with this little bike.

What percentage of the total cooling fluid do you think you are getting with the suction method?
Probably not 100%. Or :confused:
Good idea using the MiteyVac

Service Manual lists the capacity just under 2 quarts. I would guess that it was just under a quart.

Back