• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Continental Motion Tires? If you use them...

StratTuner

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If you've gone through one set of Continental Motion tires....

1) What mileage did you get

2) how did you know it was time to replace them?

If you've gone through one set of Continental Motion tires....

1) What mileage did you get

2) how did you know it was time to replace them?

9.jpgThe Continental Motion is a great, great tire deal. I have done the numbers on this tire a few times, and it keeps coming out as one of the best deals in motorcycling. The dealer cost allows some great discounts on this tire.

I would guess between 10,000 to 14,000 miles

This tire has the wear makers in the center groves to tell you when to replace the tire.

[video=youtube;0q4mQIZB5z8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q4mQIZB5z8[/video]

smileygerman.jpg

Last edited:
What about the performance on wet roads? Has anyone compared these to lets say the PR3? Just curious. I'll be getting new tires here pretty soon and have decided on PR4's but won't rule out these if they comparable in wet conditions.

What about the performance on wet roads? Has anyone compared these to lets say the PR3? Just curious. I'll be getting new tires here pretty soon and have decided on PR4's but won't rule out these if they comparable in wet conditions.

6.jpgI would not say that either one of these two tires is better than the other in any way what so ever, they are equals.

Smileynoevil.jpg

Last edited:
are there "wear bars" like the Michelins? something to wear the treads down to?
I'm pretty sure all tires that are DOT approved for on-road use are required to have tread wear indicators however some tread designs leave the exact center of the tire solid with no grooves or sipes to observe the TWIs. The Metzeler Z6 was like this and could surprise an unwary rider when cord started showing. The Contis look like they have sipes near the center that would have TWIs.

Edit update: I googled pics and reviews of this tire. It does have a solid section in the center of the tire that does not have sipes and therefore does not have TWIs in the center to warn of wear right in the middle. Some riders report the harder compound does not give the wet grip other more expensive Continental and other brands do. Compared to the high end Conti Road Attacks these are about half the price.......in my experience we get a deal once in a while but on average the market delivers what it charges or so says Adam Smith and the Invisible Hand.

Last edited:
For the record, I'm convinced of their merits, but I'm also parsimonious. The low price just can't be beat. My Conti Motion set just arrived yesterday but I won't install them until early May. It would be awhile before I could report.

For the record, I'm convinced of their merits, but I'm also parsimonious. The low price just can't be beat. My Conti Motion set just arrived yesterday but I won't install them until early May. It would be awhile before I could report.

6.jpg"parsimonious"

I had no idea what that fancy word meant. Finally figured it out. Like me, you are a penny-pincher.

I do agree that this tire is one of the best tire values in the world of motorcycles.

smileyzipmouth.jpg

Last edited:
Reviving an almost 3 year old thread, good for you :). I have these and run them at 36-38psi, both front and back. The tire pressures listed on the swing arm is max psi when hauling max weight (I think so anyways, I may be wrong but don't think so).

36 front, 40-42 rear. The pressure listed on the bike and in the manual expressly says it is for both rider-only _and_ rider + passenger.

I've run and like the Contis. For me, I marginally prefer the feel of other tires, and there are others that last enough longer for me, that I'll pay the extra and have fewer tire changes to do. Again, though, I like the Contis.

Back