• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Color me impatient!

Salt not withstanding, the scariest thing here are all the new potholes... Everywhere! It was like riding through cones at points. But I was finally riding!

Be safe out there!

I didn't ride over the weekend; my 150' driveway was still partly a glacier, especially at the end, next to the road, even with 2 days of upper 40's, mid 50s; still a big ice chunk when I left for work this morning; with today's temp and tomorrow's rain, it should all be gone (planning to ride to work on Wednesday :)) Drove to town yesterday afternoon and was still amazed at all the icy roads still in the area (especially my road)-the shady areas were still ice logged. Be safe out there with all the sand/salt/cinders on the roads.

I am gonna ride a bit when I get home, but I won't be riding to work until next week. Want some of the salt to be gone and for the roads to warm up and prevent ice in the early mornings. I have to head out before 6:30 am to get to work on time... Not worth it. Besides, at least on this side of the river there is rain forcast every day but Wednesday, and there is still a chance, which means it will rain.

Potholes are worse than anything right now. Saw some that were larger than manhole covers and nearly 2'deep. And others that were long, narrow and deep. Either were rim-busters.

I rode to work last Monday, and again today Monday...the snow and ice has been the worst we've had for years around here for sure....definitely looking forward to some warmer weather!

I thought about riding in today, but thought I would be patient and let the rains come in and wash some of the leftovers away. Next week, however, I plan on riding every day it doesn't rain.

Now, what to do about helmet hair...

I thought about riding in today, but thought I would be patient and let the rains come in and wash some of the leftovers away. Next week, however, I plan on riding every day it doesn't rain.

Now, what to do about helmet hair...
Do what I do about helmet hair, go get a haircut and tell the hairstylist #3 blade all over :). I did two weeks ago, short hair-no helmet hair, no hat hair (had to wear a hat last week with -0'F temps), no combing either :) win.

Do what I do about helmet hair, go get a haircut and tell the hairstylist #3 blade all over :). I did two weeks ago, short hair-no helmet hair, no hat hair (had to wear a hat last week with -0'F temps), no combing either :) win.

Shortest I've gone is a #5. I usually get #6 . I had looooong hair for a good thirty years up until a few years ago. I made up my mind I didn't want to look like a hippy forever and had it all cut off. I didn't consult the (now X) wife. She was NOT happy!

Shortest I've gone is a #5. I usually get #6 . I had looooong hair for a good thirty years up until a few years ago. I made up my mind I didn't want to look like a hippy forever and had it all cut off. I didn't consult the (now X) wife. She was NOT happy!

She ever consult you about her stylings?

I usually do 4 around the sides and back, with the top as short as she can cut with scissors. Got used to it that way in the AF, kept it up since. Easy to maintain, but this helmet is making me look like some wacked out model with hair that goes everywhere.

Jeez, WTF. Lets talk motorcycles again...

I use a three on my head. We are talking about the number of blades in a razor aren't we? ;).

No helmet hair and the money I save on barbers buys lots of farkles. The time I save not going to barber is probably good for another thousand miles of riding a year. Makes this grey haired guy look younger too. :)

So what is the best number to use for a hair cut ?and what kind of lube do I put on the blades.

Back