• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Clip on visor for 750X OEM tall windscreen

I had a clip-on for a while (in addition to a Moose Racing +9" tall windscreen). My impression was that the clip-on did not really deflect "move" a whole lot of air upwards, but the true benefit was that it acted as a spoiler to break up the smooth airflow coming off the top of the sharp edge of the windscreen. So instead of a really strong jet of air hitting me in the forehead of my helmet, it was a more diffuse transition from calm air to full-force wind.

That being said, the windscreen was weighted down and wobbled a lot with the extension attached. My windscreen cracked in half during storage over the winter, and I didn't bother putting the extension back on after it was replaced. I think the difference was marginal at best. I would suggest just getting the right hight on the main screen to start with, rather than adding extensions.

I recommend Puig Clip on, light weight and of good quality. Had it on my previous bike 500X with original screen, the clip on made a significant difference for me at least.

Looking for a clip on visor for my NC750X tall windscreen, any thoughts?
Dwhite,
I purchased the Puig Touring windshield that came with a bolt on visor as standard equipment. The holes were already predrilled into the windshield so installation was easy. I love the extension. I does decrease the wind turbulence into your helmet and directs it further upwards. That said, I still experienced side turbulence at highway speeds. I opted to purchase 2 visors from AE and mounted them as side winglets. Turbulence is gone. Riding at 65mph is such a joy. No more wind blasts.

For photos, see my posts on a previous posting: https://www.nc700-forum.com/threads/puig-touring-windscreen-w-visor-review.22705/

Back