• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Cant get seat back on…..

lll_Natsu_lll

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, i really can't get the seat back on, sooo if anyone can give me some pointers that would be great.

(Front seat) The bolt holes always seem to be about inch away from where they should be, and the holes don't match up anyway.

i'll keep trying, but i just don't understand what I'm doing wrong.

Last edited:
If it's the front seat, make sure you're putting the 'tongue' piece of plastic in the front under the retaining bracket.

Last edited:
If it's the front seat, make sure your putting the 'tongue' piece of plastic in the front under the retaining bracket.
I was thinking that has to be it. As I recall, the seat has three contact points. The tongue goes into the bracket FIRST at the front, then you lower the rear of the seat down until the bolt holes match up.
I can imagine how frustrating it must be to have that not work!

Where the two rear bolt go, put a towel across the frame. Should you drop a bolt the towel will catch the bolt. Will not be fishing this way.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm doing exactly that, but the bolt holes are always about an inch away from where they should be and the holes don't match up anyway…

i would like to think putting a seat on would be simple..

Try pushing forward and wiggling a little.

Where are you at in IL? Maybe someone can help you. I'll be at the BMW rally in Galena, IL this weekend.

Place the tongue at the front into the bracket. Hold the rear of the seat upwards a few inches while doing that. Wiggle the seat to make sure that the tongue has slid fully into the bracket. Then lower the rear of the seat and push slightly froward while you jiggle it a little bit.

If this doesn't seat it, something is obstructing it. You didn't by chance leave a small tool, bit, socket, etc in the seat pan area by any chance, did you? Or maybe something in the bracket near the frunk area? We all do stuff like that more often than we want to admit! :p

Yeah, I'm doing exactly that, but the bolt holes are always about an inch away from where they should be and the holes don't match up anyway…

If I recall right mine was tight when I put it back on too. I wiggled side to side and pushed hard on the rear of the seat, pushing toward the front. It went in a little more but still ended up using the force of the bolts (they were not touching the nut holes, just as you describe) to pull it in the rest of the way.

Finally got the seat back on, had to get a friend to help me push the seat up so i could get the bolts in, it took about 40 min and was an absolute pain in the arse, but its on and it will NEVER come off again.

Thanks for the help everyone!!! :)

Then lower the rear of the seat and push slightly froward while you jiggle it a little bit.

:p

While reading this I am hearing that song in my head "Wiggle it.... just a little bit". It was funny at first but now I can't get the dang song out of my head! LOL

Glad you got it back on!

Finally got the seat back on, had to get a friend to help me push the seat up so i could get the bolts in, it took about 40 min and was an absolute pain in the arse, but its on and it will NEVER come off again.

Thanks for the help everyone!!! :)

Glad you got it back on, but it's really strange that it fought you that much. When you say "friend helped me push the seat up", I assume you mean someone had to actually push and hold the seat forward while you tightened the bolts? Something is definitely not right!

Back