• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Seat release cable

senecagreen

Reaction score
Visit site
When the seat release cable eventually stretches or breaks due to age, has anyone figured out how to manually actuate the release mechanism maybe by prying it with a screwdriver between the seats?

I will have to look at how the cable actuates the release so I don't get stranded somewhere away from home because I can't put gas in. If it ever breaks there has to be a way to actuate the release so you can replace the cable.

Hopefully if it does break it will be at home.

When the seat release cable eventually stretches or breaks due to age, has anyone figured out how to manually actuate the release mechanism maybe by prying it with a screwdriver between the seats?

I will have to look at how the cable actuates the release so I don't get stranded somewhere away from home because I can't put gas in. If it ever breaks there has to be a way to actuate the release so you can replace the cable.

I have not but that is a good suggestion to consider. Alternatively, the cable is 20 bucks and looks very easy to replace. Maybe make it a maintenance item to prevent it. Not sure how susceptible the cable is to stretching. I've been on this forum now for 8 years on and off and I don't recall this ever being presented as a problem if that gives you any comfort if there is no good solution.

Look on YouTube there is a great video showing how to organise a cord which is tucked out of the way and held by a zip tie. When / if needed unhitch the cord and give it a tug. Hey presto the petrol section of the seat pops open.

There is a fellow on utube made an external pull for opening the back seat on a NC750X. He goes by “Honda Africa Twin & NC750X Stuff”. I don’t know how to link that video to here. If you search it, you’ll find it. It was simple and cleaver.
Kenny

Back