• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Can't Change Speedometer Unit of Measurement

Overkill

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, all! New member to this forum and proud new owner of a Honda NM4-02 or NC750JD. Just getting to know her though and I came across a small issue.

This bike came into my hands with the speedometer set to MPH. I want to set it to KM/H. Mine didn't come with a manual so I downloaded one for a 2015 model to find out how to do it. From what I know, despite superficial differences, all NC700/NC750 variants all have the same interface, so apart from minor differences this procedure may still make sense to most users here: According to the manual on how to change the speedometer unit of measurement, pressing SEL+SET and cycling through the settings using SET should go from Backlight Color > Backlight Brightness > Clock Hour > Clock Minute > Speed Unit > Fuel Mileage Unit > Temperature Unit > HISS On/Off > (back to) Backlight Color > etc.

However, mine seems to go > Backlight Color > Backlight Brightness > Clock Hour > Clock Minute > HISS On/Off > (back to) Backlight Color > etc.

As this forum doesn't support video attachments, I've uploaded one here showing my issue.

As you can see, mine skips the option to change Speed Unit, Fuel Mileage Unit, and Temperature Unit.

I can't seem to figure out any other way to change the speed unit setting. I've tried different combinations of long and short pressing SEL and SET to no avail.

Is there perhaps a different way of manipulating the instrument cluster to get the results I need? Like perhaps a way to reset the instrument cluster firmware with a combination of controls on the handlebar like how one does a DCT reset?

Any help with this will be much appreciated. Thanks!

I have a different model with simpler controls. I have found that I can only get the speedometer measurement to change if the screen shows the odometer reading versus the two trip settings. Not sure if that helps.

I have a different model with simpler controls. I have found that I can only get the speedometer measurement to change if the screen shows the odometer reading versus the two trip settings. Not sure if that helps.
All my attempts have been with the odometer on display. I did also have similar thoughts and tried to see if the SEL and SET buttons differ in function if the trip meters are shown instead. The only success I had was in resetting both trip meters.

Back