• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Caddy + Mount for Handlebar

TechiePilot

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello fellow bikers!!!
Today I received my GPS/Phone/Nicknack Caddy + Mount for the Handlebar, the Arkon GPS Handlebar Mount, model# GPS032. Here's the front, also displaying the mounting bracket for the handlebars IMG-20120828-01059.jpg, and the rear with its mounting tidbits IMG-20120828-01061.jpg.

I'll have to wait until I get home to mount it since I don't have tools with me at work, and its too toasty right now to go fiddle with it in the parking lot.

'Twas a great day to ride to work, by the way. Hope you're all having fun on your NC700's

Last edited:
What are you planning on using it for? Mobile phone, GPS, IPOD? I've been looking for a solution to mounting my Droid Razr Maxx phone since that's what I use for GPS and everything else. So I want a good solid mount so I could use it someday if I were to get a BT set up for my helmet for the voice directions to open up the possibilities of where I can ride. Right now I'm just going to and from work but someday I might like to go exploring and I can't justify buying a stand alone GPS system when my phone does it all.

What are you planning on using it for? Mobile phone, GPS, IPOD? I've been looking for a solution to mounting my Droid Razr Maxx phone since that's what I use for GPS and everything else. So I want a good solid mount so I could use it someday if I were to get a BT set up for my helmet for the voice directions to open up the possibilities of where I can ride. Right now I'm just going to and from work but someday I might like to go exploring and I can't justify buying a stand alone GPS system when my phone does it all.

Hello JDE...
I was planning to put my chunky Magellan Maestro 3140GPS in it, and prominently mount the unit on the handlebar where I can easily access it. I discovered that the case is big enough to hold the GPS as well as a Blackberry 9850 (though the phone is normally attached to my belt clip) or an iPhone. From the looks of things, you can place two iPhones in there and still have room for a few sheets of folded paper!! The case was very roomy as it was intended for the wider GPS units, like those with 4.5" plus diagonal displays.

I am able to navigate the phone and GPS menu options/settings through the clear plastic window of the case, and the ball-joint assembly that connects to the handlebar mount allows various tilt angles for improved visibility. The base of the case has a port hole for the power cable(s) to be connected to a power source. Installation is complete. I'll try to take some shots during daylight hours so the camera flash doesn't get too excited in reduced lighting environment. My GPS has a 3.5mm phono plug, so the option exists for jam-plug wired connectivity since it doesn't do bluetooth. I haven't caved in and bought the NC700 "12v Accessory outlet" (yet).

This is the RAM mount setup I used to mount my Droid phone. At some point I will add a waterproof case and a 12v outlet outside the storage area.
IMG_0616.jpg

Thanks for the info. I like how this one fully encloses the GPS, phone or whatever. I don't like the looks of a lot of the universal phone mounts that claim to hold mine. I wouldn't trust them not to drop it when going over a bump, pothole etc.

Back