• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Bye bye ncx, gone in 60 seconds

In either case.... take the key and LOCK up the bike. Use two different locks. Doesn't prevent the bad guys from getting it, but you might as well make them frustrated. I like to park the bike to a fence or a pole. Makes it a little tougher to carry it off.

Ken

The reason nobody picked up on your revealing the prank in your post between two photos, happy, is probably a simple cultural difference. We always reveal an April Fool joke by saying "April Fool!"....not "Boo!"

Anything could happen but I'm glad I live somewhere I don't have to worry about my bike being stolen. Sure it could happen but the odds are much lower where I am now.

Nevermind about whatever April jokes, but I do not like blaming it on Italy.

Never ever got any trouble there (traveling to Italy quite often). Once parked car at Lago di Garda, tourist parking lot, took out mountain bikes and went for a day trip.
Returning back to the car, found car key located on top of car. Apparently we had lost it around the car and someone had picked it up and put it there, well visible from all around. We had not even discovered the loss until that moment. Not to mention, nothing had been missing inside of car. I would rate risk of theft being higher in Austria and Germany than in Italy.

Never ever got any trouble there (traveling to Italy quite often). Once parked car at Lago di Garda, tourist parking lot, took out mountain bikes and went for a day trip.
Returning back to the car, found car key located on top of car. Apparently we had lost it around the car and someone had picked it up and put it there, well visible from all around. We had not even discovered the loss until that moment. Not to mention, nothing had been missing inside of car. I would rate risk of theft being higher in Austria and Germany than in Italy.

Not trying to detour the thread but I'd have to say I agree. I lived in Italy for four years it was the safest place I have ever lived. You still have to be careful in the tourist spot but outside of that awesome beautiful place.

Not trying to detour the thread but I'd have to say I agree. I lived in Italy for four years it was the safest place I have ever lived. You still have to be careful in the tourist spot but outside of that awesome beautiful place.

Guys guys guys,

It is a joke.

I did not say I stopped at Milan.
I said I stopped to fill up. It could be anywhere between here and Italy.

Please...it is a joke. Not meant to slight Italy or Slovakia or Crimea or Somalia or Russia or Poland....
Just a joke.
Can some kind soul just close this thread?

I am beginning to regret starting a joke out to tickle your funny bones and now it is turning ugly...
OMG.
:(

Happy, good one! The more believable the prank - the better on April 1st! :) I like to pull those myself, be honest with you :)

***** BUT I HAD YOUR NUMBER FROM THE START!!!!! :) *****

(Everyone probably though that I am a cruel m.... f.....)

Happy, good one! The more believable the prank - the better on April 1st! :) I like to pull those myself, be honest with you :)

***** BUT I HAD YOUR NUMBER FROM THE START!!!!! :) *****

You tell people in the movies who killed the Baroness, right?
:p
Spoiler...
Next time, wait a little....
:D

Guys guys guys,

It is a joke.

I did not say I stopped at Milan.
I said I stopped to fill up. It could be anywhere between here and Italy.

Please...it is a joke. Not meant to slight Italy or Slovakia or Crimea or Somalia or Russia or Poland....
Just a joke.
Can some kind soul just close this thread?

I am beginning to regret starting a joke out to tickle your funny bones and now it is turning ugly...
OMG.
:(

Ahh, the perils of a prankster, Happy...

That is the risk one takes when first deciding to do a joke. It can work, it can fall flat, it can unintentionally offend, it can backfire spectacularly, etc.

An April Fools joke is meant to stir the pot with deception, however congenial or in good faith, and not everyone is ok with that kind of humour. You can pity other poor souls lacking in this regard, but you can't deny them their right to be all Serious Cat and take everything the wrong way, if that's how they view the world. *shrug*

Ya tells yer joke, ya takes yer chances. Sometimes you get the exploding cigar. :p

I do agree though, I think this topic has exhausted itself.

Back