• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Bridgestone Battlax BT-023 GT's on NCX

Gigs

Reaction score
Visit site
I commute on my bike so getting the most miles out of a tire I can is important. I like the Battlax BT-023's but they make a GT model for heavy bikes, front in our size and the back one the closest is 170/60-17. Can I fit it, would anyone recommend doing it or not? I figure it would get me more miles per tire for just about the same price. Any input would be great.

The heavy tires are for bigger bikes. Yes they will work, but the ride will be a little stiffer. My personal preference is the Bridgestone stock tire, they do ride nice and get good mileage.

I commute on my bike so getting the most miles out of a tire I can is important. I like the Battlax BT-023's but they make a GT model for heavy bikes, front in our size and the back one the closest is 170/60-17. Can I fit it, would anyone recommend doing it or not? I figure it would get me more miles per tire for just about the same price. Any input would be great.

I'm selling a lightly used set of BT-023's off my NC, if you are still looking. :)

http://nc700-forum.com/forum/bikes-...ne-battleax-tires-1200-miles-no-problems.html

I run the BT023 heavy duty on my FJR it is a great tire on the FJR. I chose the same tire for my Harley XR1200. The mini HOG weighs 20 lbs less than the FJR, so close enough. The BT023 simply did not work on the XR. The Bridgestone would prematurely lock up, under moderate to heavy breaking. Not good! I removed the tire with less than 150 miles. A Michelin Road Pilot 3, PR3, was the answer for the XR1200, nice and sticky.

My NC came with Metzler tires. They work pretty good for me.

Gigs,
What tire did you finally purchase?
I also have the OEM Bridgestone tires with the "G" suffix NOT "GT". I was able to locate and purchase the same exact OEM tires only from motorcycle superstore. Purchased them back in June to ensure I had a spare set, front & rear. Motorcycle superstore still shows that same exact OEM tire listed, with inventory in stock. No other sites I checked, have the specific sport touring "G" tire listed for the sizes that are installed on the bike.

To date I have 14000 miles on my tires and am several thousand miles from the tread-wear mark or the minimum depth. I plan to replace the front tire next month at 15000 miles and will replace the rear within the next 3000 miles, probably Feb or so, based on the 1K /month that I average. The GT series tire also has a different front tire pattern although the rear seems to be identical. I was not aware that the GT series did not come in our size tire, but will check it out when I purchase my next set of backup/spare tires.

I bought bt0-23's from bike bandit. Not the GT. I paid like $225 for the set and replaced them at 11,300 miles with a tiny bit rubber left before I hit the wear markers.

Gigs

Back