• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Bought me one today!

Joe A.

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been intrigued by this bike since it came out. It seemed like a polarizing bike, love it or hate it. Finally a nice. Used 2012 with 1590 miles arrived at a dealer near me. In the past two weeks I sold my gold wing, guzzi Quota, Polaris sportsman 500, snowmobile and trailer and a truck cap. So I had some Folding $ looking for something to do. Went to that dealer to get my other Guzzi inspected and took the NC for an hour ride.
I'm in the love it camp!
Bought it and get it tomorrow, can't wait!
I do have a question about chain and sprocket life. I've read a few things about approx 8k lifespan. My last chain bike was an 05 600 gxr and I easily got >15k. Is this common? Has there been a TSB about this? It's not a deal breaker for me, just want to get an idea on what to expect.
Thanks for any comments
Joe A.

I got 12,000 on the stock DID O Ring chain. Did not change the sprockets, and for my second chain 18,000 on a DID X Ring chain. For my third chain I changed both the sprockets and the chain. I put on JT sprockets an another DID X Ring Chain. I hope to get between 20,000 to 24,000 with the new JT sprockets and DID X Ring combo.

Congrats, Joe!
The factory chain is decent, but not great. 12-ish was where I changed mine. Thus far, I'm not thinking the replacement DID I got locally will be much different, but who knows?

Congrats! I too got about 12k from the stock chain. Like OCR, I upgraded with my current set up to the X-Ring and light weight JT Sprokets. I don't do the miles that he does, so haven't come close to wearing out this chain yet. I've only got about 5k on my current chain.

Congratulations on the purchase. The stock chain doesn't seem to last but 8 to 12,000 miles. Honda built the bikes to a price point and there are better chains to buy when the OEM is kinking. Mine lasted to 8,000 if I recall. I made a mistake and purchased only a new chain, a budget one, and put it on the old sprockets. Even though the sprockets showed very little wear they rapidly wore with a new chain. It was false economy on my part so another 8,000 miles I was buying another new chain and new sprockets in the bargain. I went with a good quality DID VX chain and after 7,000 miles it's exhibiting none of the kinks and need for frequent adjustment the OEM one did at the same mileage.

Going on 2 years with mine. Center stand for me was the best add on. Makes a bunch of things easier, especially keeping an eye on the chain. When you see kinked links, which may be very stiff or frozen to movement, the lube behind the o-rings is gone, and time to change, even if little stretch is measured. Like others have said, expect about 10K miles of life.

Enjoy the NC.

Art

Back