• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Bikes and cars in the garage

ShipofFools

Reaction score
Visit site
I recently moved to a place that has a two car garage. It was a big step up from my old place which had a one car garage.

My task is to find out a good way to cram two compact cars and my bike in the garage. Any suggestions? As far as keeping things outside, that's out of the question.

At work I park perpendicular to the vehicles close to the wall in front of a service vehicle. I also use the center stand to minimize the required floor space. This allows me to park the service trucks there too.

I don't know if this will work you or not. I hope it does.

Last edited:
I back my bike up against one of the side walls of the garage and then pull my car in very carefully next to it. I can fit my wife's Honda element, my '01 Mitsubishi Eclipse and my NC700X in my 2 car garage this way. It's also added security with all the vehicles in the garage the bike blocks the side access door to the backyard. So nobody is going to break into the garage through that door.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I had a one car garage and when I needed to park my bike I used this...

Motorcycle Dolly - Low Profile

Just put the bike on the dolly and roll it against the back wall or wherever it needs to fit. When not in use, you can drive a car over it since it is slim enough to fit between the car wheels.

Last edited:

Just put the bike on the dolly and roll it against the back wall or wherever it needs to fit. When not in use, you can drive a car over it since it is slim enough to fit between the car wheels.

I looked at one of those in a HF store near my sons house. I was trying to figure out if I could still use the center stand on that dolly. In the mean time I went with this:

IMG_0657.JPG

A pair of large furniture sliders with 1/4" plywood pads under the feet of the center-stand. I can very carefully nudge the bike against the inside of the shed door by pushing sideways directly on the center-stand. When doing so I always make sure the side-stand is down.

Last edited:
There is another thread similar to this where someone either took pictures or video of them maneuvering the bike on a dolly like that pictured above. They were in a very crowded garage trying to make things fit which is the same situation you'll be in.

I don’t know if you already conducted an advanced search but you might try that or maybe the person I’m talking about will read this and come forward.
Depending on the depth of your garage you seen to have only one of two choices since you plan to keep all three inside. The bike will have to get pinned between the inner wall and a car or you pull one of the cars in as far as possible and the bike sits perpendicular to that car near the doorway of the garage.

Most two car garages are not wide enough for two cars let alone two cars and a bike.

I'm managed to get two bicycles, a 16ft canoe, my Imprezza and the wife's outback, the NC, the snow blower, all into my (admittedly oversized) 2 car garage.... with out removing the work bench or cabinets that were there when I moved in (though I might be moving the work bench soon to make it easier to get the bike in and out in summer and the snow blower in and out in the winter) Garden shed holds the roto-tiller and lawn mower and other garden stuff.

First step is to get everything that can be supported by the rafters off of the ground. My canoe is strapped to the ceiling the bikes are on a vertical bike rack flat against the wall in front of where my wife parks.

Next step is to make all practical use of one walk way in the middle of the garage... to do this always pull one car into the garage and back the other one in so that drivers side doors are facing each other (i.e. you could roll down the drivers window in each car and talk to each other) this means you can open the drivers door into the same space. (for a while the NC was parked in this space in he back of the garage, ment I could just pull the NC out between the two cars when it was time for a ride.)

You'll want to park both cars so close to the wall (or what ever is on or against the walls) on the passenger side that passengers can't get in or out via that door, let them in or out once the car is out of the garage.

I back my bike up against one of the side walls of the garage and then pull my car in very carefully next to it. I can fit my wife's Honda element, my '01 Mitsubishi Eclipse and my NC700X in my 2 car garage this way. It's also added security with all the vehicles in the garage the bike blocks the side access door to the backyard. So nobody is going to break into the garage through that door.

I've been doing that, backing in my bike close to the wall and the car close enough to give me enough room to get on the bike. However, my fiancee has been parking closer and closer to my car, so I wanted to see if there was an alternate way of doing it.

I've been considering getting that. How does it hold up? Worth getting?

It's what I do when the weather is good enough for me to ride to work more frequently.

I do that too, but I didn't find a place with a two car garage just to stick my car outside. Plus it's been real lousy weather lately, no fun riding in.

It's pretty decent, I've had it for 2 years. Only issue has been with one caster wheel that didn't want to rotate, but I repacked the ball bearings and it was fine. I don't have a center stand, but I think there is enough room make it work, or it could easily be modified to work. I really comes in handy when I don't plan to ride for a few days, and I can just tuck the bike against the back wall instead of having to move the bike out of the way, back out my truck, then get out and put the bike back into the garage before leaving every morning and again at night. It's worth the $80 from Harbor Freight.

How big are your cars? And how tight is the garage? The wife drives a Nissan Juke, and I've got an old Miata for these snow days. The garage is a 2 car, but has a little workspace area off to the side.

I pull the NC up on the workspace with a little homemade ramp, and I've got a buddy's SV650 parked behind my Miata. With a short car, I've found it's pretty easy to fit a bike in front or behind it. If you ride the bike more, pull the car in as far as possible and see if you can squeeze the bike in behind it sideways. Then it's easy to get the bike in and out.

IMAG0117.jpg

I could fit another in front of the Juke, but it'd make getting the NC in and out trickier.... and the wife would murder me.

trey

Back