• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Best tyre for wet commuting?

I've never had any sort of problem with my stock Z8s in the 11000 miles I have ridden them most of them in a Washington winter - wet all the time. I am a very conservative rider mind you so I don't ask much of my tires.

Had a pair of original Z8's and have just changed for a pair of Pirelli Angel GT's after looking at reviews for many brands. In the dry these are phenomenal, absolutely rock solid grip whatever I do, best tyre I have ridden on.

Only done a couple of wet rides (as unusually, we've had a great spell of good weather), however, the day
I had them fitted the heavens opened and I was riding through standing water. No frights or scares, really stable and plenty of grip despite being brand new and not scrubbed in. Second ride in the wet confirmed far superior to Z8's.

Happy I just ordered the pr4 from motorcycle superstore,they have our size.

160/60/17
120/70/17
??
I will ask again here.

I may take the Tourance for that 90/10 "offroad" capability. (although it is then strictly not "legal" on paper here for this bike, neither are the PR4s).
:p

No problem in Barcelona. The sizes as specified in the owner's manual are 120/70ZR17M/C (58W), 160/60ZR17M/C (69W). I have an S. However I think the tyres for the S and the X are the same.

Just killing some bandwidth...I am keen to order the Tourance NEXT (because original Tourance is not available here).
Exact sizes. Does anyone have experience with this tire?
I want just 10% offroad (pebbles, cobble stones, sand etc) capabilities. Most of the time i am on smooth tarmac (you have seen my videos, so...)
:D

My experience with the Z8 tyre has been that it is the worst tyre I have ever had in the wet. Absolutely fine in the dry but the first time I rode it in the wet, I accelerated after a stop light and the rear tyre broke loose. Happens all the time on a wet road if I give it more than the gentlest of starts.
I ride like a grannie when caught in the rain now, barely leaning it over at all as I don't want the back end to break loose on a corner.
Talked to a guy at work who has an NC700 and he has had exactly the same experience.
I've done 10,000 km's (6,000 miles) on my bike and there isn't much wear on the tyres it will easily do another 10,000 km's which suggests that the rubber compound is probably too hard.
Based on what I've read in the forum I'm going to change the tyre for a P3 before the wet season rolls around again.

Last edited:
I just put pr4's on my NC. Got them from the dealer. Hevmatches online prices. Had pr3's on my Nighthawk and loved them.

Back