• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

best crash bar for highway pegs

mtiberio

Reaction score
gjm.site90.com
Really want some highway pegs, and realize I'll probably have to install crashbars/engine protectors to have a place to mount them. Some of the bars I see are too high to offer a good mounting point. Can y'all share your experiences and or picture with me. Pix not necessary, I can google as well as the next, I really need brand names...

+1 on Givi bars. I installed them using the longer bolts as mentioned by Beemerphile and really pleased with the results.

thought about bolting to the frame, but that usually leaves a mark, and while I'm not terribly prissy, a crash onto a hiway peg often results in the peg turning at best or dinging/bending the mounting point at worst.

Some of the bars I see are too high to offer a good mounting point.
I noticed the same thing..Most of the bars are way forward and a bit too high. I looked around and found this crash bar, more like a stunt cage:
crash%20bars-M.jpg

I ordered one June 2 (in red!) for my black DCT and haven't heard anything as of yet as to when it will ship. Their web site is periodically off-line, which isn't giving me warm fuzzy feelings....After I ordered, an email showed up stating they will ship in 10 business days and give me a tracking number. I should hear something very soon. I hope :)

LINK: Engine guards,crash bar for DCT for Honda NC700X

Last edited:
I use the Rivco pegs with the Givi engine guards also. Many other good products on the market. The Rivco and the Kuryakyan use the goldwing type clamps that attach to the engine guards. These clamps rotate 360 degress, and hold tight. I am cheap so I purchased the Rivco, as they cost a little less than the Kuryakyan.

Stuff 009.jpg

Blue ridge parkway? Where are you looks like Bent mountain. Am I right for the background of the bike?

Mine? Nope, Talimena Scenic Dr, somewhere close to the AR/OK border. Does remind me a lot of the BRP, pretty country.

Here's the BRP on the last bike :p

Moto%2BTrip%2B%252709%2B-%2BCard%2B2%2B043.JPG

[/hijack]

trey

Back