• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Beemer's first road trip for 2013

I was loving this road, and when I got to the other end, I found out it had a name and a reputation. Happily, there were not a bunch of buffoons screaming up and down it (other than me). There was no police presence other than the Deputy in front of me. He was making a pretty good pace and I presumed him to be good-natured enough to let me follow along at 15 over the limit (which he did)...
DSC03190.jpg

Last edited:
Well, the ride is done and I am home. It was an enjoyable week. The bike performed flawlessly. I can say that the farkling is done, and it is now time to take what I have so carefully and lovingly built and use it up. "Best mod" award goes to the heated leather Russell seat. I never felt the seat, even though I have lost so much weight that I can sit on a dime and tell you whether it is heads or tails. The other mods are performing nicely as well. There is nothing that I would do differently with the bike. Not that it could not be done better, or smarter, or cheaper. Just that I am completely satisfied.

Great report Lee! (written as I am getting ready for another 12hr shift.)
These reports give me hope. (That one day I will be doing the same type of rides.)
I'm already ready for your next trip. Thanks for sharing this ride.

I was loving this road, and when I got to the other end, I found out it had a name and a reputation. Happily, there were not a bunch of buffoons screaming up and down it (other than me). There was no police presence other than the Deputy in front of me. He was making a pretty good pace and I presumed him to be good-natured enough to let me follow along at 15 over the limit (which he did)...
View attachment 7839
209 is also a favorite of mine along with stopping for a coffee in Hot Springs at the cafe facing the RR tracks. I combine it with 212 and 352 over to Tison Mountain Rd then roads east and south back to Waynesville. It takes a bit of Trust and Luck to run an elevated pace on the Rattler.

209 is also a favorite of mine along with stopping for a coffee in Hot Springs at the cafe facing the RR tracks. I combine it with 212 and 352 over to Tison Mountain Rd then roads east and south back to Waynesville. It takes a bit of Trust and Luck to run an elevated pace on the Rattler.

I WILL be back. The first part of 208 (last as I rode it) was pretty good as well. It would be on your way to 212 after enduring 70 for a little while. I am not sure where Tison Mountain Road is, but after that much Curve Cowboy stuff, I might be in a mood to take I-26 back!

Great report and thanks for sharing.
Here is another view of the New River Gorge bridge from the old bridge.
IMG_4786.JPG

"Best mod" award goes to the heated leather Russell seat. I never felt the seat, even though I have lost so much weight that I can sit on a dime and tell you whether it is heads or tails.

I know exactly how you feel. Since April I am down 38kg (84 lb) and yesterday I gave quite a bit of thought to a gel seat....for my truck.

Its great report about your trip and you have enjoyed a lot I hope but I want to know that have you pics or video about your trip its very good for me because I have a passion to see the places..

Back