• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Beemer's first road trip for 2013

A travel size can of Original (formerly Honda, but not any more) Spray Polish and Cleaner and a microfiber cloth.

So I am not the ONLY ONE who likes his bike spotless.
My car too. I have a box in the trunk with all my Meguiar sprays.
:p
I also carry a box of babywipes(wet) in the Frunk.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say I don't like my bike spotless. I'm just to lazy to clean it. I figure one of these days it's going to rain and it will gets its wash job. About the only thing I clean in the windscreen.

Hey, Lee! Any plans / desire to swing by Northern NJ and meet up? Email me please.
Lenny.

You can use the Glympse app to get a poor man's spot locator.

That's fine where you have cell coverage - which ruled out most of the distance I traveled in the Yukon and Alaska. I had a satellite phone for emergencies, but the Spot works cheaper.

When I got into Canada ATT send me a email telling me how much more they were going to charge me if I did not by their special Canada plan. (In another county plan) I bought the Canada plan, but it only worked half the time. When I got into Alaska, nothing worked except when you are in the cities. But being lost was a lot of fun and made it a real adventure.3.jpg

SmileyConfuessed.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Just clowning around today in scenic Pennsylvania. Some barnyard buddies hanging out...

image.jpg
image.jpg

Future ham and egg dinner...

image.jpg

More of my new friends....
image.jpg
image.jpg

Must be a rabbit hole around here somewhere. I was riding thru central Pennsy and all of a sudden there is a sign for the Jersey Shore...

image.jpg

I have always wanted a fixer-upper Piper Aztec. This one might be in my price range. My uncle taught me to fly in his PA-23 many years ago...

image.jpg

I stopped by the Piper Museum in Lock Haven. This was the site where the early fabric planes were made such as the J3 Cub. The metal planes were all made in Vero Beach, Florida...

image.jpg
image.jpg

pahondafan put me on to some railroad history sites in PA. Thx much!

This is the museum at the Juniata Shops in Altoona. It was a huge machine shop for steam locomotive repair and employed thousands of skilled workers...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I believe this stage is built for (get ready for it) HEAVY METAL music....

image.jpg

Last edited:
Next I went to the Incline Plane in Johnstown. It wasn't operating so I did not get the story on it, I used to live by the Incline Railway in Chattanooga, TN. I'm thinking something similar?

image.jpg

Required gratuitous NC pic...

image.jpg

After this, I beat feet to try to get to US 19 before dark (which meant fighting my way thru Pittsburg). I was doing OK until Washington on US19 when there were some unflagged detours. I finally just hit I-79 and went fast forward to an appropriate exit for a cheap motel and some bad food. Check and double-check.

Last edited:
Great trip report Lee.
pahondafan put me on to some railroad history sites in PA. Thx much!

I believe this stage is built for (get ready for it) HEAVY METAL music....

View attachment 7786
In 80s I leased a couple low boy railroad cars to deliver large diameter pulpmill equipment. Told only 10 existed in U.S. Demerge $2,000 per day.

I crossed the New River Gorge on US 19 in West Virginia yesterday. It is the longest arch bridge in the hemisphere, I think. And over 800 feet to the water. The picture wasn't very good because the sun was washing out my camera. I may see if I can clean the picture up later with Lightroom...

DSC03176.jpg

I took a little exposure out, but there isn't much there to work with...

new river bridge.jpg

Last edited:
Today the final route home took me down North Carolina 209 which is a beautiful twisty ride that goes from Hot Springs almost all the way to Waynesville. Coming the other way, you would take Exit 104 from US 19 just a few miles from Waynesville.

DSC03185.jpgDSC03186.jpgDSC03188.jpgDSC03189.jpg

Last edited:
Back