• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Barkbuster/handguard install?

The trackside handgaurds or 50% off right now,$42 !!!!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, I probably missed it somewhere, but where to buy at that price?

For me, it sometimes doesn't matter if something is on a mega sale, because they might not ship out of the 'States, or require some stupid minimum $ order to ship (Revzilla for example), or only use evil UPS (insane Brokerage fees)

It's just sad that I can order gigantic heavy things from the other side of the world for cheap or free, but just across the border of USA, literally a couple miles away, it's so ridiculous for shipping charges, that it's not worth it to buy from them. :(

Sorry, I probably missed it somewhere, but where to buy at that price?

For me, it sometimes doesn't matter if something is on a mega sale, because they might not ship out of the 'States, or require some stupid minimum $ order to ship (Revzilla for example), or only use evil UPS (insane Brokerage fees)

It's just sad that I can order gigantic heavy things from the other side of the world for cheap or free, but just across the border of USA, literally a couple miles away, it's so ridiculous for shipping charges, that it's not worth it to buy from them. :(

Cyclegear.com
I'm lucky there is one 1 mile from my work.

I think they are $89.99, on sale for 50% off. That's what I got them for. LBS, next time you come across the border to shop at the outlet, just go a little bit further south to Lynnwood, there is a Cyclegear there.

Alas, I let my Passport expire, and it costs so much to renew, that it negates any good deals or savings on shipping, for the most part. :(

It's kind of a catch 22. I would need to cross the border and shop so much to make the passport cost worthwhile, that I would end up spending more money to "save" money. lol.

What a hassle this whole stupid passport to go to and from USA/Canada thing is. I so miss the good old days. :(

Due to Sue and I not being able to go abroad for a few years due to looking after both sets of elderly parents we stupidly let our passports lapse. In the UK the worse think is not the cost although that is high but the hoops that you have to jump through to get one these days

Alas, I let my Passport expire, and it costs so much to renew, that it negates any good deals or savings on shipping, for the most part. :(

It's kind of a catch 22. I would need to cross the border and shop so much to make the passport cost worthwhile, that I would end up spending more money to "save" money. lol.

What a hassle this whole stupid passport to go to and from USA/Canada thing is. I so miss the good old days. :(

If you only go the the USA can't you get a Enhanced Drivers License??,I know we can down here and it's only good to drive in to Canada or Mexico.

If you only go the the USA can't you get a Enhanced Drivers License??,I know we can down here and it's only good to drive in to Canada or Mexico.

Good point, thanks for mentioning that possibility. I guess $110.00 versus $120.00 is at least something. But with only a ten buck difference, I sure would kick myself if some fluke chance to fly down there ever arose, and I had to buy a passport anyway...

I read this July they're coming out with a ten year one, for $160.00

Put that way, only 16 bucks a year, sounds better, lol

LBS, my wife and I are thinking about heading up to Vancouver (Richmond, to be exact) for some awesome dim sum. If you really want a pair, PM me. I'd bring them up for you.

I got them, the Oxford Motorcycle Muffs at TwistedThrottle.com. Still enjoying them, but be forewarned that it takes a little time to get used to not seeing your buttons, turn signal, horn.... Overall, I am happy with them.

Last edited:
Jguarfn28, Is that your review I read on their website ? I will be getting a set of these soon, so when the snow goes away I can ride without
getting "finger sting" on my early spring and late fall rides.

I have HippoHands on my NC and love them.They go off and on in less the 20 seconds and keep my hands warm and dry.They cost a little more than other mitts but I have over 50,000 miles on this set and they look and work like new!.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362077873.192077.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362077898.397951.jpg

Yeah, I have been using them daily and don't regret the investment. When it warms up, I plan to switch to barkbusters but in the cold Wx the muffs do what they say.
Jguarfn28, Is that your review I read on their website ? I will be getting a set of these soon, so when the snow goes away I can ride without
getting "finger sting" on my early spring and late fall rides.

I have HippoHands on my NC and love them.They go off and on in less the 20 seconds and keep my hands warm and dry.They cost a little more than other mitts but I have over 50,000 miles on this set and they look and work like new!.
View attachment 2930
View attachment 2931

I have been looking for a solution to the cold hands issue besides putting on a bulky pair of winter gloves. After researching I feel like I have found problems (small or large) with most of the options. I read many reviews that spoke of the wind pushback on the handmuffs causing them to press the brake/clutch levers. I have the DCT so it would just be the brake, but I don't want this happening. The other complaint I read was about the wind collapsing the opening if you removed your hand so it was difficult to get your hand back in. I really like the idea of the handmuffs and know there are several available; HippoHands, Oxford and Tucano Urbano just to name a few. So what I came up with was putting a handguard on with the handmuff over it to prevent the pushback. Do you think the Hippo Hands would fit over the handguards? Also, have you experienced the collapsing effect?

Unrelated to the hands and don't want to hijack the thread, but on the subject of cold protection, I saw this at Tucano Urbano website and wondered if it would be possible on the NC700... I like staying warm :)

Tucano Urbano

I'm contemplating either some air deflectors (don't believe I care whether they have a full metal Barkbuster-style tree limb guard or not) for my NCX. I have heated grips, but the weather here in southern AZ is just so frigid that I'd like a little air deflection. ;)

Anyway, I know how to install Barkbusters on a dirt bike. you basically cut out the end of the grip, hog any metal in the bar end that might be in the way, and go to work. With the bar end weights on the NCX, what's the procedure? I'd prefer to not remove or otherwise mess with the vibration damping of the end weights.

On a separate but related note, do any of you have just plastic 'brush guards' (aka air deflectors)? Something without a full metal 'frame?' If so, what did you use, and how is it mounted? Thanks.

You think southern AZ is fridgid, anything over 50F is just balmy. In fact it calls for shorts and t-shirt in these parts. Fridgid begins when your nose hairs start to freeze. I rode back in March when the wind chill was around 23F. My knee caps frooze and I almost dropped the bike at a stop light because I couldn't put my leg down.

You think southern AZ is fridgid, anything over 50F is just balmy. In fact it calls for shorts and t-shirt in these parts. Fridgid begins when your nose hairs start to freeze. I rode back in March when the wind chill was around 23F. My knee caps frooze and I almost dropped the bike at a stop light because I couldn't put my leg down.

I hear ya. I am 4 hours north of you and right now if the morning temp is above 35deg F, I don't have to put thermals on to get to work. :) My hands are the only thing that suffer my short 20 minute commute which is half highway and I have been contemplating getting some hand guards. I just don't like the price of the Bark Busters. Christmas is coming so who knows what Santa will buy himself.

Back