• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Bag for the fake tank

Getting back on subject...this is what I use. The pics aren't very good, but this is just a small backpack that my daughter used years ago. I like this because it doesn't take up the whole trunk. I've had this bag in there and still had room for my slicker, chaps and a bike cover.

Last edited:
Having your shooting piece in the not-a-fuel-tank is as bad as having it locked in the trunk of a car. Personally, if I carry, I keep my Ruger LCP in my right jacket pocket while riding. All I have to do is remove it from the pocket holster and I am immediately able to defend myself, if the occasion warrants. I have had a concealed carry permit for almost 20 years.

If I lived in Alaska, I would probably carry my Taurus Night Court Judge loaded with 000 Buckshot in case I meet up with a hungry bear.

I used to have a bag on my rear seat on cbr250r but on this one wouldn't be easy. I will have a rear top box, but the fun was about that bag, it had a shoulder holder that I tied through the back of the bike covering one of the license number's digit a little. I was stopped 2 because this and the acceptible answer was: sorry for this, big wind turbulence push the bag back and it slipped on the license plate. It was just a second to remove.
And it protected me ( and as I see 3 of 10 bikers does this ) from get caught on a speed cam. And if the license plate on the record is not recognizable exactly, they cannot charge you.
But on the other hand, this sometimes cause accidents, because bikers think, they can ride as fast as they want. But not faster than they angel can fly...
So afterall, that rear seat bag was the only package option for me till now. It was bought at Lidl for 20$. Same quality as the 100$ prized ones.
I'm planning to cover the inside of the frunk with some material that has a sound silence effect ( sorry for my english, i dont know how it is called). Similar material as it is used for mouse pads for computers.

Having your shooting piece in the not-a-fuel-tank is as bad as having it locked in the trunk of a car. Personally, if I carry, I keep my Ruger LCP in my right jacket pocket while riding. All I have to do is remove it from the pocket holster and I am immediately able to defend myself, if the occasion warrants. I have had a concealed carry permit for almost 20 years.

If I lived in Alaska, I would probably carry my Taurus Night Court Judge loaded with 000 Buckshot in case I meet up with a hungry bear.
Iwas hoping that there was an agreement to leave the subject of firearms out of this ( and hopefully other) threads

If someone wants to discuss how they use their storage in a thread about storage then it is relevant. If you disagree with how someone uses their storage, go read another thread already.

If someone wants to discuss how they use their storage in a thread about storage then it is relevant. If you disagree with how someone uses their storage, go read another thread already.

The point is when guns are mentioned it really divides people and often gets quite nasty. It has already happened in a small way on this forum and I have seen it happen in a big way on other forums.
You might notice that there have been people from both sides of the argument that have agreed that this is not a good place to discuss it

you might consider putting that thing back in the house and keeping it there. I highly doubt that a would be assailant is going to wait patiently while you shut off the bike, change the key over to another lock then open the compartment and get out the heater. false security, just ride away. the only time you are going to use that thing is in a circumstance of premeditation which will get you life in prison.

Why are we still talking about this?
storm-troopers+move+along.jpg

hehehe what is the standpoint on boobies?

nevermind - on the topic of storage, I got a puncture repair kit and instead of moering it in the frunk, it fits (kinda, with some wiggling) nicely behind inside the tail piece, more space!

Tip!

Don't hold back shoemonkey; let your prejudice and ignorance consume you. I just ask you stay away from firearms until you have calmed down. ;)

prejudice and ignorance is what the the NRA raleigh on so you guys keep buying guns. I know the ppl who shoot for fun ie: clubs and ppl who compete in competition and law enforcement are mostly sensible level headed ppl and keep their guns locked up in a safe place and for the most part know how to use them! but what about the majority of ppl who dont use a gun every week or even once a month or even once a year or keep their gun in a shoebox under the bed or in a cupboard.

if you ride a motorbike you take a test you are trained to ride because if not you have no control and you could hurt yourself or worse you could hurt someone else. I have NO problem with anyone owning a Gun I've shot at a range and it was awesome but shouldn't you know how to use it first how to load it, fire it keep it safely and most of all if bought for protection which i'd say most guns in the US are, make sure that the person buying the gun realises that to use a gun in this way you may take somebody's life! and as most gun reports are either self inflicted by Cleaning or misuse or by a burglar who has taken the gun from the owner and shot them with it, thats face facts a burglar is going to have much more experience with a firearm than your local soccer mum or suburban dad and as for the inner cities no amount of gun control is going to stop the local drug dealer from having a gun!

make people take a test! how to clean and maintain a gun
how to hold aim and fire a gun
need a secure place to keep it ( a lock box or gun cabinet)

Based on the title, I clicked into this thread thinking it was about tanks bags, but I was wrong.

Greg

I must be lost....I clicked on this thread expecting to read about bags for a frunk. Instead, I found a discussion about firearms. Toto, I don't think we are in Kansas any more.
Mike

Based on the title, I clicked into this thread thinking it was about tanks bags, but I was wrong

I found a thread about guns in "The Bar" talking about frunk bags, I'll find it and give you the link..

There is a "Delete" button for our own posts on this forum, maybe some users should give it a try.

As a moderator I cannot "do" anything about the gun topic unless and until it shows up as a disallowed topic - which, as of yet, it is not. But as a forum member I have to ask why we choose to continue to talk about the things that divide us rather than the things that unite us. There are plenty of places to talk about guns with like-minded people. You will likely find me there as well. But I disagree with the topic on this INTERNATIONAL NC700X MOTORCYCLE forum. At best it is off-topic and at worst it is divisive.

But what is against forum rules is to disrespect an individual in your discussion. As a mod, there is something that I can and will do about that going forward.

Last edited:
Amen.

On the subject of bags: I use a reusable shopping bag. It isn't the perfect shape, but it conforms well to the frunk cavity.

Back