• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Bag for the fake tank

Oldenuf

Reaction score
Visit site
I thought it would be nice to have a bag that would fit nicely in the fake trunk. Looking through the bags I have it became obvious that a helmet bag, which I have a couple, that came with a new helmet, would be a good choice. I'm still amazed at how much stuff that trunk can hold. I love this bike.

Art

I thought it would be nice to have a bag that would fit nicely in the fake trunk. Looking through the bags I have it became obvious that a helmet bag, which I have a couple, that came with a new helmet, would be a good choice. I'm still amazed at how much stuff that trunk can hold. I love this bike.

Art

The Kel Tec PLR-16 in a backpack from Walmart fits like a glove.

P1060561 (1).jpg

Seabee,
While i admit that is a simple and very effective accessory, It would probably be more politically correct to just update the horn.:)

Bob

Last edited:

Art

The helmet bag should work well. I also have several of them. They all have draw strings to keep them shut.

I picked up this bag on sale at Office Depot for $22.49. It fits great with room for other stuff outside the bag.

wgwgoldwing-albums-misc-nc700x-stuff-picture1682-img-2205.jpg

Of course, the contents of my bag vary slightly from Seabee Bob's:

wgwgoldwing-albums-misc-nc700x-stuff-picture1683-img-2216.jpg

No offense Seabee Bob... :)

WGW

It's all good WGW! I was born and raised Roman Catholic.

I buy and sell guns, ammo, and accessories for a hobby. Saturday I picked up this new in the box Ruger KP345PR 6645 Stainless with a Streamlight TLR-2 laser/light, extra batteries, 270 rounds of .45, 6 magazines, and a black carry case all for $450. Total value if bought from the Gun Shop is over $950 - $1000 plus tax. I am looking for a quick sale at $550 - $600. I have a local Gun Shop on beachside that always buys from me. He was closed Sunday and Monday so I will see him tomorrow. Excuse the poor quality cell phone images.

Attachments

• 1119122149-00.jpg
    1119122149-00.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 1,021
  • 1119122134-00.jpg
    1119122134-00.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 997
  • 6645.jpg
    6645.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 905
Last edited:
I am sure you have all seen my Glock 19 mounted in the storage compartment. The BLACKHAWK Holster has a clip on the inside and it slips in a slotted mount.

1024121025-01.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry I should have explained that doing porridge along with doing bird are both Uk slang terms for serving a prison scentance.
Carrying a firearm in the UK is a big NO NO. Even using a fake one in the course of robbery can get you life.
We had a hard time convincing our new daughter who recently left the US army that she could not carry a gun here.

Last edited:
Sorry I should have explained that doing porridge along with doing bird are both Uk slang terms for serving a prison scentance.
Carrying a firearm in the UK is a big NO NO. Even using a fake one in the course of robbery can get you life.
We had a hard time convincing our new daughter who recently left the US army that she could not carry a gun here.

I knew exactly what you were talking about Rocker. Like PoLike draco_1967 says' God Bless America. No Porridge for me, Yuck!! lol We call it bread and water here in the US of A.

bread and water
Fig. the most minimal meal possible; a meal as once was given to prisoners. (Usually used in reference to being in prison or jail.)

http://youtu.be/N5Ts4M3irWM

Last edited:
I used to have lots of guns. But they were all lost in a tragic boating accident. Shame.

As far as the box, I was looking to have someone build a custom Cordura bag that would fit the bottom 3/4's of the frunk. The top quarter would have been reserved for "lay-in" items like personal electronics, wallet, keys, etc. My current plan is for a Bagster tank lid cover topped with a Tweety (small) tankbag for the personal valuables. The Frunk could then be filled with a 100% height custom bag with a grab handle on top.

Sorry to hear about your loss in the tragic boating accident beemerphile. Good luck with the custom Cordura bag.

beemerphile - not sure whether it was on here or the UK forum but I bought an Arai helmet bag which is a perfect fit in the not-tank. It has a couple of neat handles and a shoulder strap that stay on without interfering with it while it's inside, and it has a little external pocket which I make sure is uppermost and which contains specs, cloth and visor spray. I also make sure the main compartment zips are uppermost and can then easily open it while it's in situ to put in things like phone, passport etc
Mike

What passes for a well regulated militia amazes me. Oh well.

I carry a Slime tire plugging kit with air compressor, fuses, some rescue items, etc., on the bottom in there. On top of that I place my old Cortech Super Mini tank bag. It's small but it's footprint fits down in the not-a-tank very well with room on the side for a squirt-top water bottle. The tank bag holds personal items, maps, tire pressure gauge, etc. This leaves about half the volume remaining for a jacket liner, change of gloves and what-not. I am really enjoying this storage area.

Rocker it's a right in America, it's how we got rid of the red coats. :) just kidding. Seabob you gotta open the trunk, you sure you can't mount a fifty cal. Over the tiny windshield? :cool:

I realise this it's why we had such a problem persuading daughter in law that she couldn't own a gun here. At least we now have her calling the game football and not soccer and she now owns a mobile not a cell phone. Next is to convince her that gas is what we use for heating & cooking and that we put petrol in our cars & bikes :)

Although I'm English born I have strong ties with the Irish side of my family so I understand why you guys would want to get rid of the Redcoats. However a railway worker *I think that it was a tragic waste of tea in Boston

* We are famed for our tea dringing

Last edited:
Back