• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Aux LED flood lights - look ok?

nemesis98

Reaction score
Visit site
Aux LED flood lights -Do these look ok?

Ok....I am installing aux LED flood lights to see and be seen better - and bought the Denali Aux Light Mounting Bracket to mount them too.
I already had a pair of LED floods that I was going to use on the snowthrowing tractor - but thought - hey, maybe use these on my NC instead.
So I mounted them (not wired up yet so I don't know how well they will light up the road, or how well they will be seen by oncoming drivers - waiting on a bar switch and some posi-taps)

What do you all think of the look?

My wife thinks it looks ok, and round ones would look like two eyes, and the beak would be a nose.
My daughter thinks these look a bit like pedals
Me, I have mixed feelings on them. I like the way they look, but don't like the way they look.
I'm thinking that maybe the second pic (square lights with square lens) might look better and still do the job?

What do you all think? Opinions welcome.

Attachments

• 20160306_171517-1.jpg
    20160306_171517-1.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 351
  • 51FBAuGybFL._SY400_.jpg
    51FBAuGybFL._SY400_.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 350
Last edited:
Certainly would take some getting used to. Personally I would go with the square ones but that is only my preference.

I like the wide ones but I would try mounting the up and down ( | ) instead of sideways (---) unless it made a noticeable difference functionally

Personally I go for something a little more compact, but if you've already got 'em I dunno if I'd buy new lights to replace them

I. Like the square's, how are you going to wire them up and what kind of switch are you going to use. I have some LED like the rectangle ones you haven, I mounted them to my crash bars, in a vertical position, I like them. I wire them to one of the pig tails on the 12v kit, they stay on when the key is on.

I bought the light bar, and have some square lights, I was think lying of wiring them to one of the pig tails from the 12v power adapter OEM. I think one is switched with the high beam. But I do not know if I need another relay or if the one with the one 12v adapter will do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I mounted under the beak with a piece of aluminum flat bar... I eventually changed to the angled flat bar to obviate bounce.
Lights were $20 on Amazon.
They're tapped into the wire that controls high beams and switched on/off from a toggle switch on the left handlebar.
headlight1.jpg

headlight2.jpg

I don't like the look of any of them, with the first variation the least.

I'd try to follow "rippin209"s advice and mount them vertically somehow ... maybe left and right on the oil-cooler.

Or a single one below the beak (cheack clearence first though).

Edit:
Or maybe get some handguards and attach them there.

I just dislike anything that looks like it was just slapped on.

The exception would be StratTuners NC ... there's so much slapped on, that it is beyond ugliness and turned interesting again.

Last edited:
I just dislike anything that looks like it was just slapped on.

The exception would be StratTuners NC ... there's so much slapped on, that it is beyond ugliness and turned interesting again.

Wow! Thank you!.... I think....:p

As Johnny Cash once sang...

[I did it] one piece at a time,
and it didn't cost me a dime.
You'll know it's me when I come through your town.

Last edited:
I. Like the square's, how are you going to wire them up and what kind of switch are you going to use. I have some LED like the rectangle ones you haven, I mounted them to my crash bars, in a vertical position, I like them. I wire them to one of the pig tails on the 12v kit, they stay on when the key is on.

I bought the light bar, and have some square lights, I was think lying of wiring them to one of the pig tails from the 12v power adapter OEM. I think one is switched with the high beam. But I do not know if I need another relay or if the one with the one 12v adapter will do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I ended up getting the square ones - will probably mount them tonight and see how they look. I'm thinking of mounting under the bar, will post pics when I have that all set. Maybe even add one of the rectangle flat ones under the beak...that would be interesting

I want to wire them to a switched lead then to a switch on the handlebars - so I can turn on or off when ever I want and not forget they are on if wired direct to the battery. I saw another post about someone finding just what I need up front near the headlights - not sure if my 2012 model has that or if it was added later on. Will have to check. Worst case I go right to the battery. I currently have a lead off of the low beam wire to power my USB / 12V plug, but if I switch to high beams, that cuts the power to the plug, so ifg I do the same for the lights, they would only be on with low beams and I don't want that

Trying to not remove tupperware (hate those clips) or I would dig for the Honda OEM plug for accessories that is further back. Will keep you all posted on how I make out

Are there bolt holes under the beak? I took a quick glance the other day, but I couldn't find anywhere to bolt to. Did you just screw into the plastic?

Are there bolt holes under the beak? I took a quick glance the other day, but I couldn't find anywhere to bolt to. Did you just screw into the plastic?

There are two bolt holes located under the beaks plastic cover. (See # 5 in the drawing below)
The mounting instructions for the aux light mounting bracket show it pretty good.
You need to remove two of the black clips on each side, and a Philips screw at the front to remove the plastic cover.
I cut mine so I could put it back after mounting the bracket. But I figure a longer bolt thru both the aux light and the bracket would do the trick

Capture.jpg

The OEM instructions to install Honda's light bar include cutting a small portion of that under beak plastic via a template, like when installing the OEM pannier/luggage rack system and you have to cut the rear seat plastics (earlier 2012-2013 700X models only, I believe)

Well, here is a quick pic of the square lights mounted temporarily just for looks.
Now the decision on if they should be mounted on top (as shown) or below the mounting bracket (like StratTuners are mounted)
20160309_183640.jpg

The farther they are separated from your headlight, the larger triangle of light you present, thus making you appear larger or more visible. I would mount them below the bracket.

Back