• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

ATTN: HondaBikePro, Beemerphile, other clever fabricators or idea people

Problem I've found with almost all aftermarket mirrors is that they vibrate, making it hard to see what's behind you. You know there's something back there, just not whether it's a Winnebago full of happy nuns or an angry cop. :eek:

I just ordered a pair of these in. They appear to have the same style scheme as the stock ones and look a couple inches shorter.

Found on Amazon.

Black & Twill Weave Motorcycle Side Rear View Mirror Universal Fits all Motorbikes With 8mm or 10mm Clockwise Thread : Amazon.com : Automotive

View attachment 2899

Those don't look half bad, but the best part is that they have a pivot on the base of the arm, so that they could be hinged down completely, if required. Cool-thanks, I'll definitely keep those in mind! :D

Problem I've found with almost all aftermarket mirrors is that they vibrate, making it hard to see what's behind you. You know there's something back there, just not whether it's a Winnebago full of happy nuns or an angry cop. :eek:

Or worse, a Winnebago full of angry nuns! :eek:

Totally agree. Original is usually the best.

Here's a few pictures of the scene of the crime.

Mirrors removed, fits under joists no problem:

Windscreen in Low position, fits under the soffit plastic by the thickness of a piece of paper. (but not two pieces, lol)

There is an L bead at the front of the soffit to affix it to the joist, I have to remember to compress the suspension juuuuuust as I get to that point, or the screen catches on the edge and would rip right off. I can live with that, but man the mirror removal everytime is irksome.:(

Are you sure that you really don't want bar end mirrors. Not ideal maybe but it could be one solution (Cheaper than moving or damaging the property and getting evicted) and you can get some good quality ones

Are you sure that you really don't want bar end mirrors. Not ideal maybe but it could be one solution (Cheaper than moving or damaging the property and getting evicted) and you can get some good quality ones

The ironic thing is, I love bar end mirrors, lol. Just about every bike I've ever owned has had the damned things put on them at some point in time. The CBR in the background behind my NCX, in fact has 'em.

To my dismay, I discovered that I like the OEM 700's mirrors, both looks-wise and for function, and have gone into "stubborn mode" to try and make them work, even if it kills me...

For some reason, I just don't want the bar end kind or any of the aftermarket easily adjusted ones, (of course, :rolls eyes: ) this go around. Curse my stubborn brain!

I slide the forks up an inch and added 1.5 inch lowering links to my klr, it handled the same, maybe a little better lowering the center of gravity. I doubt 1/4 of an inch would be enough to adversely effect the trail.

I slide the forks up an inch and added 1.5 inch lowering links to my klr, it handled the same, maybe a little better lowering the center of gravity. I doubt 1/4 of an inch would be enough to adversely effect the trail.

As you had altered the suspension at both ends that should equal things out. Usually if you alter only one end you make a difference.
maybe I'm I'm worrying too much due to relating to the days when I acted as gofer for a race team where altering suspension by mm made a difference

Back