• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

As promised, pics of my bike

PapaC

Reaction score
Visit site
This first pic is the day I brought her home.....

My first ride, on a cold but beautiful December day.....

And from a ride today. Finally a sunny day here :cool: Pictured with the aforementioned changes, and additional farkles.....

Nice! I really have to get the heck out of Maine....we still have about a foot of snow on the ground and more coming tomorrow :-(

Nice, question though, what rear rack is that?

Thanks

^^^ What he said^^^ It's a little pricey since you have to buy the two pieces, but it mounts right on without any modification. I love it!

Nice, question though, what rear rack is that?

Thanks

And you also have the advantage of being able to remove the soft luggage carrier easily and use a hard case if you want.

Last edited:
...It's a little pricey since you have to buy the two pieces, but it mounts right on without any modification. I love it!...

Yes. After contemplating long and hard this is the way I am going to go too. I'll add a 42 L top case.

I just installed the same Alu-Rack and soft luggage plate for my 2016. It is an awesome bit of kit. They sell base plates for many top box brands and options, and there are many options for soft and hard side cases too. Currently I only use the plate during the week to strap my soft work bag on the back (a Wolfman duffel) It fits nice and meets my needs, leaving a little more leg room when getting on/off the bike (don't have to clear a bag on the pillion seat!). It also makes fuel-ups a tad quicker as don't have to move bag. At the weekend you turn the 3 quick-release screws a 1/4 turn and the plate pops off if you don't need it, leaving a nice streamlined looking mini-rack.

I just installed the same Alu-Rack and soft luggage plate for my 2016. It is an awesome bit of kit. They sell base plates for many top box brands and options, and there are many options for soft and hard side cases too. Currently I only use the plate during the week to strap my soft work bag on the back (a Wolfman duffel) It fits nice and meets my needs, leaving a little more leg room when getting on/off the bike (don't have to clear a bag on the pillion seat!). It also makes fuel-ups a tad quicker as don't have to move bag. At the weekend you turn the 3 quick-release screws a 1/4 turn and the plate pops off if you don't need it, leaving a nice streamlined looking mini-rack.

If I wanted to put a Honda top box would I still be able to do so with this setup? Or is this just for the aftermarkets? What about the Honda side cases with this setup?

also let me know if it fits ok for your 2016 NC750X... I'm waiting for my 2017 model, should be the same.

If I wanted to put a Honda top box would I still be able to do so with this setup? Or is this just for the aftermarkets? What about the Honda side cases with this setup?

Sadly, I believe that's a no, a yes, and a no. The Honda top case and side cases have mounts that are unique. The AluRack and the SW Motech EVO side racks have adapters to fit many brands of luggage, but not for the one-off Honda style.

Last edited:
also let me know if it fits ok for your 2016 NC750X... I'm waiting for my 2017 model, should be the same.

I'm not sure what, if anything, changed between the pre-2016 and the newer models with regards to the rear rack. Twisted Throttle does have a 2016-17 specific model and that's what I bought. Fitment went fine and without any issues. You cut out 4 circular tabs that are OEM cutouts and pre-marked. You do have to cut a very small triangle of plastic under the hand guards and rear seat. It was both very easy and hard to do. Easy because it is physically a straight forward job. Hard because I didn't want to cut my bike no matter how small :eek: In reality it's two cuts less than 5mm each, same both sides.

I would do it again and choose the exact same rack.

Twisted Throttle link

Last edited:
How tall are you and does that windscreen work?

I'm 5'8", 30" inseam, slender build, 155 lbs. The windscreen (Givi D1111ST), "works" for me. It's not a wide screen, obviously we can't expect full fairing coverage, but it keeps the wind from impacting my chest, while still allowing enough around the edges to feel it. I get what I would call VERY slight helmet buffeting, but not really too noticeable. If I do the flat hand test, holding it horizontally in front of my chest, and slowly raising it, I start to feel flutter right above my eyes. So to me, it's perfect. I Searched on these forums, and looked at as much info as I could find before spending my $ on what may, or may not have worked for me, and I'm very happy with it. YMMV. Hope that helps :)

HI - I WANT to do this same setup as you but I am confused, I found the rack but which side cases are those and how did these get mounted like that so it doesn't cross over the rear seat??? please help me.

HI - I WANT to do this same setup as you but I am confused, I found the rack but which side cases are those and how did these get mounted like that so it doesn't cross over the rear seat??? please help me.

If you are referring to my saddlebags, they are these-
Saddlemen Expandable Sport Luggage - RevZilla

Mine are the standard size, which are out of stock just about everywhere. Makes think maybe they're being discontinued, but the XL ones aren't much bigger. They're made for sport bikes after all. As far as mounting goes, if you look close at my pics you can see how I did it. Inside the bags along the top, there's a "daisy chain" of loops sewn on. You simply loop a couple of the included straps through in the right spots, and go around factory pillion grab handles. There are also quick release straps that clip to D-rings on the bags that as you can see I ran to the passenger foot guard, and to the license plate holder. I had these on before I even bought the luggage rack, and they can be removed, or re-installed easily in minutes. Hope that helps.

I ordered the Alu-Rack & Luggage Carrier

View attachment 33009

Those Canuck dollars always make things look worse than they are! ;) seriously though, you'll like the set up. I went this way mainly to carry my lunch box on the commute, and still be able to gas up without unstrapping it. I keep my always with me stuff in the saddlebags. I'm right now trying to decide on a tail bag to use for the longer trips I'm dreaming up, but haven't done yet. My helmet fits in the frunk, and I want a soft/dry bag I can take off and carry into a hotel etc.

Yeah I do lots of dreaming too but the furthest I've been is Niagra Falls which is just 3 casual back road hours away.

This spring I WILL do a trip to Ottawa as my brother has ordered a 2017 Ford Focus Electric Hatch and will take delivery in May, I want to go to the dealer with him to pick it up. He is really excited about it and I think it is kind of neat too. I'm not sure that the range is practical but he is determined to make it work.

Back