• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Arkansas rides on and off road

bamamate

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
After getting a late start Sunday and finding a beautiful day I rode to the Ozarks intending on staying on pavement the whole time but when it was time to head back the GPS decided that a dirt road was the shortest route home……

[video=youtube_share;t0KXI_bjVGQ]http://youtu.be/t0KXI_bjVGQ[/video]

Arkansas sure has some great back roads. Great video! Which video camera did you use? Where was your camera mounted on you NC700? What program did you use to compile the video? Riding by one's self sure do improve one's decision making! Great Ride!

Great video man. I'll be honest. Next time we ride together don't be taking me down that trail. LOL. The first part looked fun and the second part looked like it required a dirt bike. Or at least a better equipted NCX than mine. Now if I had some different tires, a skid plate, and engine gaurds that would be different.

I'm thinking that once I pay off some stuff that I'll get a CRF250. A lot stuff in the Ozarks is not big bike friendly.

The NC loves these kinds of roads. Feels right at home on them. I do have the racetech emulators on my farkle want list. I think they would help with all of the rock and ruble. It soaks up the big stuff like a Cadillac.

I’m using the Drift Ghost HD and Microsoft Live Movie Maker (it is free!!). I’ve got a lot to learn about doing video. It isn’t the same as pictures. For this ride I mounted it on top of the SW-Motech engine guard. Think I’ll try the beak next.

I’m actually the opposite. When alone I tend to think I can make it through anything. I don’t ride fast but I tend to think I can make it through or around any obstacle. When I’m riding with someone I figure they probably don’t want to do as stupid of things as me. This was a rare case of me listening to my brain saying don’t be stupid….getting older may be helping too.

Don’t worry Chuck, next time we get to ride I’ll keep us on the road…….although technically that was a road.

Let me rephrase that. PAVEMENT.

I'm going to spend some time this winter planning a route for us in the spring when the weather picks up. I've got a couple ideas but trying to centrally located so OldJeff, You and I can get together without anyone of us having to ride a long way to reach a start point. I'll throw something together and post it to get your and Jeff's thoughts. You know the area better than me. Been pulling some ideas from the web.

I don't mind a long ride to meet up with riders and I get up early :D Go for it Chuck! I'm in for whenever barring my work's on-call schedule.

Theoretically I can get up early and driving to a meeting place is no problem. In the spring, I think we should work to plan a FGT (fall get together) in the Ozarks for a weekend of camping and riding like the SGT at the Dragon which you two seriously need to attend.

You are an adventurous soul. I think I'll stick to the pavement, especially since I'm not equipped for that kind of riding. BTW those weren't logs, just sticks!

Heck, I will drive all the way from Houston to ride the great motorcycle roads you folks have in Arkansas. I do at least one ride to Mountain Home, Arkansas almost every year.

This is snippets of Hwy16 from Clinton, AR to Hwy7. One of my favorite roads. Miles and miles of back to back sweepers with short straights between the sets. Great country side scenery.

[video=youtube_share;Rd7hvA6VcxI]http://youtu.be/Rd7hvA6VcxI[/video]

Also a bit frustrated with YouTube. The video quality is so much better on my home computer than what I get from YouTube. Anybody have tips on how I can improve that?

When are you folks going on that great ride. I'd consider driving from Texas for that ride.

We have not really planned a date. Once it starts to warm up a bit. Maybe March. Bamamate and OldJeff are from Arkansas so they would know better than me what would be best.

March is a good time to plan around for a spring ride, but March is blacked out for me because of work.

March is a good time to plan around for a spring ride, but March is blacked out for me because of work.

Does it warm up much in Feb? Are you free then? Really it isn't a rush. Would be cool if all three of us, or more, could get together.

Back