• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Are my factory ties gone already?

I finally ordered new tires at 5300 miles on the OEM Dunlops. I am not a small rider and I ride fairly aggressively, so I have to assume my tires are not the same version.

The rear tire on my '14 NC700X is completely wore down at 2,800 miles. My tire pressure is 41lbs, weight 160, riding style is very easy with a few short runs up to max mph. Never seen a tire wear out so fast! Complained to the dealer (Al Lamb's Honda in Dallas TX) and the service manager just gave me a dead stare as if I asked for a rebuilt motor. Seems to me there should be some degree of warranty coverage for low mileage tires, but this dealership clearly says no.

The bike has been essentially perfect otherwise, but one of the biggest selling points of this particular machine is the expected lower-than-average ownership costs. sigh

The rear tire on my '14 NC700X is completely wore down at 2,800 miles. My tire pressure is 41lbs, weight 160, riding style is very easy with a few short runs up to max mph. Never seen a tire wear out so fast! Complained to the dealer (Al Lamb's Honda in Dallas TX) and the service manager just gave me a dead stare as if I asked for a rebuilt motor. Seems to me there should be some degree of warranty coverage for low mileage tires, but this dealership clearly says no.

The bike has been essentially perfect otherwise, but one of the biggest selling points of this particular machine is the expected lower-than-average ownership costs. sigh

Whoever says NC owners would have a lower than average cost of ownership, clearly underestimated all the awesome farkles that are available.

The tire is a big bummer, dude. CRStep above got double the mileage I got. We got our bikes within a week or two of one another, we live in the same area, ride the same roads, and despite my teasing, she rides about the same way I ride. Seems kind of hit or miss, which is odd.

The stock Dunlops are junk, only got 2,800 out of my rear tire and I consider myself a moderate rider (i.e., not slow, not fast). I put a new PR4, love it and can't see any visual wear after 1,500 mikes. Promising....

Back