• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Anything you wish was different/better about your NC700?

If you could change anything about your NC700, what would it be and why?

For me, the windscreen mounting is too close to the handlebar, restricting the overall width. Had it been an additional 1-1/2" or so foward of its' current mounting location, it would accomodate the extreme Left/right movement of the handlbar, and allow for an overall wider windscreen. I installed the shortest CalSCI screen (sport) which is superior to the stock screen but, still lacks the wind protection on my arms in extreme cold temp.

At 5'6" w/ 29"inseam, I personally find the seat to be OK. I have been able to easily ride an hour or longer with minimal problems that an occasional 2 sec "stand-up" readjustment did not cure. My previous Virago cruiser had me in pain/discomfort within 25 minutes. Had I been taller, like the average person, I believe I would be setting further back on the seat where the incline would probably create a totally different, uncomfortable ride.
Ed

Maybe you're young and haven't abused your body.

32, depends on what you count as abuse. i used to ride mountain bikes constantly throughout my teens, hopped on one a couple of years ago and holy crap that was an uncomfortable seat! my XL has a nice cushy seat (i think it is anyway), rode my little brothers KTM supermoto, it was a noticeable difference, but didn't bother me in the hour or so we rode.

I remember when I was 32, I think? hmm maybe not. Yes my arms were longer then, and I could read without 3x9 variable reading glasses.

the seat keeps me pushed up on the storage cover. i installed the throttlemiesters on mine. love the bike. and i will fix the seat.

To me, in addition to a rear hugger, a luggage rack should be stock equipment. And you need to cut body plastic to install the Honda carrier and bags?? For crying out loud, that is ridiculous.

Well I am 30, have raced motocross and harescrambles for 16 years and have had my fair share of uncomfortable seats/races. That said, IMO the NC seat is uncomfortable. Today was my fifth 200+ mile day and I agree with the others that it pushes you up to far forward and it is just not designed with a human in mind. I do ride my bike every day and back and fourth to work it is great. Add a passenger and a couple of hours and look out. I also love the new Puig windscreen I installed, it made riding down the highway comfortable. Those are the only real gripes I have had, and I hope you don't let them stop you from getting an NC. I can honestly say it is the most fun I have had on the street so far.

So many complaining about the seat on the X. The S seat does not slope like on the X and do not have any issues with it myself.

Tony

Temp gauge...

And also I think the gear shift from 1st to 2nd is not 'soft' enough. My NC700 smashes into 2nd gear...

Yes!! I find that as well. I've started trying to follow factory recommendations of gear changing. You might find that if you shift into 2nd at around 15mph you will not get that smash. I'm beginning to see 1st gear as a sort of "get rolling only" gear. 2nd gear is the new 1st gear. At second and above, I can crank it up. I really find this new way of thinking about gear changing helpful.

Well, this is really petty, but the horn button is really out of place. All my other bikes have the horn on the bottom and the turn signal above the horn. This is opposite. I can certainly live with it. Just really odd that Honda would change the standard location of something like handle bar controls.

Amen. I have to keep practicing this, because I have missed it a couple times when somebody was cutting into my lane.

I also vote for better seat.

On crunching from first to second gear, I think it's the long travel through neutral. I noticed nobody complained about not getting it out of gear. Getting enough experience on that first up-shift, with respect to rpms, should make it much better to deal with. I really like finding neutral every time without a hiccup.

I'm using the Wolo air horn in place of the super-wimpy standard item.

We all know what great storage we have for our helmet, but without external cases, where do we put tools, fuses, etc? Having a little less shock travel could have provided some nice space under the seats.

Overall, this is the best bike out there in its particular class. Until someone else puts storage in front of the driver, there is no competition.

Well Aprilia did it with the Mana. I was looking at one yesterday and in many ways it's better than the NC700X. If it had Honda reliability, the Honda DCT box instead of CVT and Honda miles per gallon it would be a winner .... but then I guess it would be a Honda :)
Mike

I got some things to add besides the temp gauge and gear display....

The clutch lever is pretty far away and I'm not a fan of the fuel "gauge"

I much prefer the classic needle gauge or at least more bars.....I'm probably nit pickin :p

Well Aprilia did it with the Mana. I was looking at one yesterday and in many ways it's better than the NC700X. If it had Honda reliability, the Honda DCT box instead of CVT and Honda miles per gallon it would be a winner .... but then I guess it would be a Honda :)
Mike

Hi sir, I have read a little about the Mana but never got to see one up close.
Could you enlighten us, on some points which you said it is better than the NCX?
I am just curious, this is not flame bait.
:p

Hi sir, I have read a little about the Mana but never got to see one up close.
Could you enlighten us, on some points which you said it is better than the NCX?
I am just curious, this is not flame bait.
:p
IMHO the Mana looks better (except from the front). It also has twin discs with radial brembo brakes (even though they say Aprilia on them). Bigger and better upholstered seat. beautifully finished tapered handlebars. 3 rider choosable engine maps. More power. Single piece aluminium swing arm. Upside down forks
Mike

IMHO the Mana looks better (except from the front). It also has twin discs with radial brembo brakes (even though they say Aprilia on them). Bigger and better upholstered seat. beautifully finished tapered handlebars. 3 rider choosable engine maps. More power. Single piece aluminium swing arm. Upside down forks
Mike
That sums it up very well

Swingarm!! Ours is fugly!!! I HATE BOXY SWINGARMS!!!! :mad: :p

That was the one thing I really hated about my 2005 FZ6, which led me to sell it and buy a 2009 FZ6 which came with a nicely restyled swingarm (among other improvements).

Back